What is Jelly in America?

• Member Contributer

One of greatest foods ever invented, the PB&J !!!

04_12_Grocery_AJ_PBandJ_Image-1Header-62

it’s perfect for packing into kids’ lunch pails. As midnight snacks. Post-workout glycogen-replenishment. Most versatile food ever!!!

I prefer Laura Scudded’s Natural Peanut Butter, just ground-up peanuts and some salt. No harmful additives like HFCS or hydrogenated oils.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I wasn’t expecting such a response to my very trivial question, I have never had a PBJ sandwich guess I will have to give it a try. 

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Philois1984 said:

I wasn’t expecting such a response to my very trivial question, I have never had a PBJ sandwich guess I will have to give it a try. 

Toasted bread is best.......

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, Philois1984 said:

Even I, a Brit through and through, know and love the PBJ sandwich.

On 10/18/2020 at 12:15 AM, DannoXYZ said:

Vegemite always reminds me of that ‘80s Men At Work song...

That's like 40 years old, but I thought of it also!  Here's a more recent Aussie song that will one day be a classic!

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, Sparkie said:

That's like 40 years old, but I thought of it also!  Here's a more recent Aussie song that will one day be a classic!

I work with a lot of Aussies and Kiwis on the ships I'm on, I'm no stranger to this song as it was a bit of a hit.

Being the only American onboard many of the vessels I've been on I got used to taking a Smoko instead of a break.

• 3 months later...

Jelly in America is a thing in your engine after 20k miles cuz you “thought” its maintenance free. Once you have jelly then you go about internets and cry to have manufacturer give you new motor for free. Hence Musk phenomena, $70k and no more jelly, yuppy!

• Member Contributer
On 10/18/2020 at 6:59 PM, Philois1984 said:

Such a simple question.

Yeah, one of the most entertaining, off-the-wall threads in the last few years!

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, mello dude said:

Fun reread.....we need more crazy.......it's def winter!

Lockdown winter....doubly bad!

• Member Contributer

Back in my teens instead of PBJ, I was hooked on PBHoney. I never could remember how I came up with that combo and then the other day, some 30 years later, during our state wide lock down

( thank you Dan, smh) I was watching a classic movie Mad Max, and there it was, Maxy having a PBH sanga. 

Crazy

• Member Contributer
On 10/19/2020 at 12:07 AM, mello dude said:

Toasted bread is best.......

pan fry it with a little butter like a grilled cheese....

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, adkfinn said:

pan fry it with a little butter like a grilled cheese....

I have one of these, makes perfect grilled-cheese. Gotta try grilled PB&J !!!
George%20Foreman%20GR30-1.jpg

• Member Contributer

I see your PBJ and raise you...

Peanut butter, golden syrup (has to be Tate & Lyle) and Marmite. On lightly toasted white bread. Generous portions on all ingredients - don’t even think about the calories. 

From the first bite you will have IRREFUTABLE proof that God exists. 

Cheap smooth peanut butter (the full-fat version) is better than any posh pretender. It puts its arms around you in a way that the health food varieties never could.

Pure...unadulterated...indulgence. 

This is right up there with a PROPER bacon sarnie for instant satisfaction and theworldisalright-ness. 

Combine with a mug of STRONG milky tea (or coffee) and you’ll find yourself levitating about a foot from the ground.  

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Stray said:

I see your PBJ and raise you...

Peanut butter, golden syrup (has to be Tate & Lyle) and Marmite. On lightly toasted white bread. Generous portions on all ingredients - don’t even think about the calories. 

From the first bite you will have IRREFUTABLE proof that God exists. 

Cheap smooth peanut butter (the full-fat version) is better than any posh pretender. It puts its arms around you in a way that the health food varieties never could.

Pure...unadulterated...indulgence. 

This is right up there with a PROPER bacon sarnie for instant satisfaction and theworldisalright-ness. 

Combine with a mug of STRONG milky tea (or coffee) and you’ll find yourself levitating about a foot from the ground.  

"golden syrup" 🤮

Take it from a New Englander - it is pure maple syrup or nothing.

Unless we are talking about peanut butter, banana, and honey.... then the alternative sweetener is not only allowed but encouraged. Add bacon and nutella to this and put it in a wrap and you've got a perfect ski day lunch to eat on the lift.

• Member Contributer

What a fantastic video, Magneto. That old bloke looks so chilled I don’t think he’s ever rushed for anything I his life. Bet he’s never gone faster than a trot! 

I’ve not had sorghum syrup but looks to be made the same way as golden syrup. 

Gots ta get me some of that gooood eating!!!

Archived