New love found for old purchase

moroseduck

Hello folks, Graeme here checking in from the soggy side of the Atlantic. As I seem to be spending a lot of time scouring the forums, I thought I should sign up!

I bought my '93 VFR eight and a half years ago having never sat on one before, which was with hindsight pretty dumb as it turned out my long legs and riding style left me banging my knees against the fairing frequently and painfully. Thanks to this, and general life stuff, the bike didn't get much use over the following 7 years, mostly it would sit for 6 months, I'd buy a new battery, ride it a little, hit a snag (rectifier fail, carbs gunked up, ignition barrel fail etc), get that sorted just in time for winter, and then start the cycle again. 

Last year I decided I should sell the poor unused VFR and went and bought an XJR1300. Much to my partners dismay I didn't quite get around to selling the VFR. In fact, my increased biking love thanks to the XJR actually spurred me on to take out the VFR more, and given how different the two bikes are I found I was having quite a lot of fun on her. Cut to 2020, I did actually try to sell the VFR as my better half was complaining, but you know, Covid, Brexit, Polar Ice caps melting...

ANYWAY, TLDR, I bloody love my VFR, it's going NOWHERE, although also lots of places. It's just like all the other VFR's, only it's the prettiest, and after 8 years of not giving it the love and attention it deserves, I'm now working hard to make up for my sins. Starting with getting the seat re-covered and re-shaped, which sorted out my knee banging problem, made the bike fit like a glove and looks great - why didn't I do that 8 years ago? 

Looking forwards to learning from all you fine folks as I delve back through the archives!

Attached is a picture of the prettiest VFR for proof, although it's not a very good one.

IMG-20201009-WA0005.jpg

Welcome to the forum!  Great looking VFR you have there.  🙂

Tons of great people and information here on all generations of the VFR.

Enjoy your bikes and ride safe!!

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD from the other side of the North Sea. :fing02:

Nice bikes!

I assume that hairdresser' Audi belongs to her indoors? :goofy:

14 hours ago, Dutchy said:

Welcome to VFRD from the other side of the North Sea. :fing02:

Nice bikes!

I assume that hairdresser' Audi belongs to her indoors? :goofy:

Not even, its my brothers next door neighbours! His is the CBR600, a bike he's just bought despite the fact he hasn't got his direct access course until January 😂 

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the V4 asylum from The Land of Interesting Weather. That is one beautiful VFR you've got there. And congratulations on coming to your senses and keeping that wonderful bike. You obviously have great taste in mc's.

Take care and safe riding.

Archived