Recently updated the forum however I have removed the tap-a-talk module

• Forum CEO

I recently updated the forum to the latest greatest always ever changing forum version last week, if you have not noticed.  They put in a popup every time you miss the notification for admins and its really a PITA.  I dont much like upgrading since well most things break when they do offer an upgrade.

This time tap-a-talk has broken, I have been working with the tap-a-talk people and just cant seem to get it to install.  so I have removed it completely for now to keep the forum from crashing, the install would crash every time I tried to install the new version.  

Now however invisonboard has built a mobile application if you prefer to use your phone.  I will try again with tap-a-talk when they release the latest version.  I need to figure out if its a problem with the files or the registry in the database? In any case they seem to have lost my account at tap-a-talk and I cant even find the api number you need for it to work. I am really kind of done with tap-a-talk for now. 

I know a lot of you really rely on tap-a-talk so Im sorry. 

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, HispanicSlammer said:

I dont much like upgrading since well most things break when they do offer an upgrade.

I have enough aggravation upgrading my apps and operating system. And I never do it voluntarily. I can only imagine the pain of doing a dynamic website.

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, Gebruiker said:

I have enough aggravation upgrading my apps and operating system. And I never do it voluntarily. I can only imagine the pain of doing a dynamic website.

Completely agree with you Gebruiker. Software geeks have a fantastic way of turning a perfectly working system into one that doesn't.!

Feel for you HS, must drive you crazy. Thanks for all you do, we wouldn't have this forum without your efforts.

• Member Contributer

Many of the software industry  "upgrades" are cosmetic - change for the sake of change.  Rearrange menus, change the fonts & colors - not much material.   There are some newer Win 10 versions out there that do nothing special,  but if things keep going their current direction at some point things won't be backwardly compatible with the older versions.  Like any business, they want us to keep paying money.  I don't know what I'll do when Microsoft ends Win 10 support and possibly goes to a "Software as a Service" business model . . . 

Archived