Messed up getting the tank off

• Member Contributer

In trying to get the tank off the fuel line would not come off and now it is not useable. I of course got the bad news from the dealer about availability. Been searching for something to use to replace the tight 180 degree bend. Wondering what others have used and does anyone have a line on a nos fuel line sitting somewhere. I have a molded fuel line coming with various degrees of bends in it with one being 180, but I don't know how tight it will be and if it will fit. I'm hoping.

• Member Contributer

spacer.png

Something like that will work for the 180-degree bend.  Strong stainless steel, perfect for fuel (don't be tempted by the plastic quick-disconnects--they're not!).  3/8" is about 9.5mm.  Check your diameters--I have these, but I'm not using OEM fuel line (I'm using Tygon-type polyurethane from Aircraft Spruce).  The bends are all of $3 from Kegworks in the 'States somewhere.  Bargain!

Ciao,

JZH

• Member Contributer

I saw you had posted these on another thread. My computer wouldn't open their website as I wanted to see how tight the 180 was. that 3/4 inch would work just right. I found some molded fuel line with 4 different bends on amazon that looks like it is going to work fine. Going to put a Motion Pro quick connect in the line which should make it a lot easier go disconnect.

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Just as an FYI. David Silver spares was able to supply and oem fuel line for my bike. Don't know where he gets his stuff or if he has a stash, but I was glad to get a new part. I will keep my patched together part for a spare.

Archived