Error Code 34? What is this?

Hondaman

Hi Gang, new to the site!

Got a new tire put on the back wheel today and I went home to re-install my wheel. Had to slightly move exhaust out of the way to take wheel off and put it back on and also had to loosen exhaust valve cable a bit.
I get ready for a ride, start it up and the bike sounded louder than usual? Then the engine light started to flash= error code 34. Damn ! How can I fix this and clear the code? Appreciate your help.

Al

Error code 34 is due to an unexpectedly high, or low, feedback voltage coming from the exhaust servo (referred to as the EGCA in the service manual).
Sounds like you may have pulled on the cable that controls the exhaust flapper inside the muffler.  Which in-turn rotated the servo wheel to either the fully counter-clockwise (or fully clockwise) position.  Makes sense, given you mentioned that you had to move the exhaust out of the way.

You can try to physically rotate the servo wheel to it's mid-way position and retry (mid-way between fully counter-clockwise and fully clockwise).

It should be fine after that.

To gain access to the servo, remove right-side seat cowl.  Then just grab hold of the servo wheel with your hand and turn it.

Archived