Pair valve delete kit

• Member Contributer

I have been unable to find any pair valve delete kits on ebay. I'm pretty sure I read that eBay was the place to find them. Any help would be appreciated.

• Member Contributer

These are the one I bought for my 4th gen.

https://www.bellissimoto.com/parts/engine/emissions-removal/tpo-emissions-pair-system-removal-kit-for-vfr750-1

Be sure to make sure that there are 4 plates instead of the picture which just shows 2. 

I purchased mine from tpoparts.com which appears to be offline now.

• Member Contributer

Is there a good reason to disconnect the PAIR valve if the bike is running okay? To be honest, I don't even know if the thing is still installed on my bike (3rd gen). But I'm never inclined to fix something that isn't broke.

• Member Contributer

My goal is to reduce clutter and weight. I did a google search and found some. My wording wasn't right or something when I searched on eBay even though the ones I bought were there.

19 hours ago, squirrelman said:

no need for fancy, hard to reach expensive stuff........

678416294_july2020006.thumb.JPG.ba68695f1bb82a2e25104af23667daea.JPG

Gawd, that is "jacked" ice-hunchin ; )

its a good thing to do, I owned one of my gen3 bikes for tens of thousand miles before I deleted it. Its a gross system with a lot of typical Honda overthink engineering. Bear in mind this bike had no expense spared on its engineering and parts. Its a very special machine - back to point. I had a welder weld up the hard metal pipes after I removed them from the bike and I may or may not have replaced some of the fancy silver gaskets associated with the mounts that go to the cylinders. Next was some miscellaneous plugs from the auto parts store to address the elbows off the air box and then some small hoses with screws jammed the ends for the plenums. Its a cleaner set up and simplifies maintenance.

I have a Ninja 500 that I did not remove any of this on because it runs so well and I feel I can actually go backwards on that mod (according to an race engine builder.) Its not as intrusive as the Honda set up though. Good luck and post pictures.

20140423_180809.jpg

9 hours ago, Dangeruss said:

@ridervfr YSR50 in the garage 👍, but surely you mean '89 not '98. One of the coolest 'toy' bikes ever.

Geez, Yep, your right have to correct that, I have 18 year old tyres on it right now. I need to get some new IRC race type rubber for it. Side bar: bike used to be parked in a bedroom at my house before I got married. Cheers

20140801_153547.jpg

20140801_153601.jpg

20140801_153616.jpg

• Member Contributer
14 hours ago, ridervfr said:

its a good thing to do, I owned one of my gen3 bikes for tens of thousand miles before I deleted it. Its a gross system with a lot of typical Honda overthink engineering. Bear in mind this bike had no expense spared on its engineering and parts. Its a very special machine - back to point. I had a welder weld up the hard metal pipes after I removed them from the bike and I may or may not have replaced some of the fancy silver gaskets associated with the mounts that go to the cylinders. Next was some miscellaneous plugs from the auto parts store to address the elbows off the air box and then some small hoses with screws jammed the ends for the plenums.

Jeez Louise. I was thinking the job was something like plug up a couple hoses and see how it runs. Well, the next time I'm in there I'll take a look. I've had my bike a couple years now and it would also be the first time I'd be in there. And did I mention the bike runs fine? Maybe a previous owner already took the system out. Yeah yeah, I bet that's it. I bet it's already been removed. Thanks for the walkthrough. 😀

• Member Contributer

The system won't affect how the bike runs, it just cleans up emissions. I haven't looked at it real close, but I am assuming that there are vacuum hoses like the Kawasaki system and if one got pulled off or something it would cause a vacuum leak and lousy running. Chances of that would be very slim I suspect.

I got this one from 6 Sigma

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-VFR-750-VFR750-Interceptor-Exhaust-Emissions-Plate-AIS-Smog-Block-Off-Kit/232139921877?hash=item360c9e19d5:g:dDcAAOSwymxVOVXu#vi-ilComp

It's just block-off plates and washers.  You may be able to use red silicone to seal them, or reuse your old gaskets, or buy new ones from Honda.  I got new Honda gaskets last year.

I don't think it changes the way the bike runs, but it does get some crap out of your way around the engine.  You may have to cut the rear air injection pipes to weasel them out.

• Member Contributer

I read that about cutting the tubes on the rear and I would not like to do it, but I don't ever foresee these going back on. I guess you could always use some rubber hose to patch them back together in that case.

Yeah, I don't see our VFRs ever becoming such collector's items that having the original pollution equipment will increase the value, like a 69 Z-28.

edit: and unless you move to CA someday, you probably won't have to worry about inspection.  In CT I have to get the cars emission inspected once they're over 5 years old, but motorcycles don't get inspected.

It IS nice to get that junk out of the way, though installing the rear plates is a little fussy, at least if you have big hands.

• Member Contributer
On 9/27/2020 at 3:42 PM, jefferson said:

The system won't affect how the bike runs, it just cleans up emissions.

i can understand dismantling the thing if you're in there and it's in the way. but it doesn't seem as if it's worthwhile making this a project all by itself.

This is another tutorial with explanation at v4dreams.https://v4dreams.com/maintenance.html 

Archived