Gday from Newcastle! Aus. 2011 6th Gen VFR800

lplplplp

• Member Contributer

Gday boys and Girls (?)

New to me 2011 VFR800 from a fastidious owner in Tassie with only 25k on the clock. I've posted here a little bit and already have a deposit on the WiLD headers before I even got it on a transporter last Thursday.

I've had some much faster bikes and much slower bike and I gotta say this thing is an impressively balanced machine. Smooth as silk and fast enuff (well maybe needs another 20hp :-)). very nice predictable turn in and holds a stable line at decent lean angles but not too slow to turn in either despite its considerable weight.

This one has awesome sounding leo vince slipons and different coloured wheels....I think they look awesome. 🙂

crappy photo though.

P_20200917_121040_1.jpg

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, ShipFixer said:

Is that a stock color scheme in Australia?  I like it...

That looks like the stock white, with a red pin stripe added.. Looks pretty slick IMHO. I'd consider doing the same on my bike!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
On 9/25/2020 at 4:03 AM, ShipFixer said:

Is that a stock color scheme in Australia?  I like it...

damn I mustn't have  subscribed to this thread...

yes it is stock but as triumphtraiter pointed out, red pinstripes but also earlier model wheels......the reason I bought it. absolutely love it!!!

I need to take some better pics of it.  this one does not do it justice.

• Member Contributer
On 9/25/2020 at 4:09 AM, Dutchy said:

Welcome to VFRD from the Northern Hemisphere :beer:

Thanks! I have a soft spot for Nederlands.  lived there for 4 months in 1999

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, lplplplp said:

damn I mustn't have  subscribed to this thread...

yes it is stock but as triumphtraiter pointed out, red pinstripes but also earlier model wheels......the reason I bought it. absolutely love it!!!

I need to take some better pics of it.  this one does not do it justice.

Well...I understand the market dynamics, but our color selections sure do suck here in comparison!

• Member Contributer
17 hours ago, ShipFixer said:

Well...I understand the market dynamics, but our color selections sure do suck here in comparison!

Sorry to hear that. I guess Honda thought you wouldn't like it?? I mean its a much bigger market. I would love to know their thinking.

Although it is a 2011, you didn't get them after 2009 though did you???

I love the blacked out frame etc.

• Member Contributer

It's an overall larger market but bikes like the VFR haven't sold in big enough numbers to make it worth their while.  We usually have one, sometimes two colors.  And that's only in years when the VFR is sold here, unfortunately.

• Member Contributer

And yeah...it continued for sale elsewhere but stopped in 2009 here.  Same for the 8th gen I believe.

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the V4 asylum from The Land Of Interesting Weather. That's a great looking machine. I do like the white ones and the treatment of the fuel tank is special.

Take care and safe riding.

• Member Contributer

hello and welcome, I used to live in Newcastle in Cardiff South, love the place and my two kids are still there, nice VFR you have there

Archived