yoshimura half header system, 4th gen

• Member Contributer

Recently acquired a 4th gen yoshimura half header system ( https://youtu.be/AccQDJ2CIQM ) from a forum member Yoshi.  Really did not need this system, but the "unobtainable opportunity" to actually get my hands on this system was too much to resist.....lol.  Really thought this would be a winter project, but could not resist to install right away.  Lost the center stand but gained a t rex sssa rear lift (stand).  Sounds and looks great.   And the perceived performance gain is all about the smiles per miles.

• Member Contributer
On 9/21/2020 at 8:16 PM, jefferson said:

Congratulations. That sounds great. You ever get down around the kc area on your bike? 

Hi Jefferson,

only time I get to the KC area is on my way and back from Arkansas!  Need make that trip,  Covid has affected my MC travels this year.....hopefully soon, before the snow flies is questionable.   More likely spring 2021!

• Member Contributer
On 9/22/2020 at 3:09 PM, CharlieFoxtrot said:

Thank you for preventing me from buying that!

CharlieFoxtrot,

this system installed  as more than doubled my expectations for a half header system.  Twisting the throttle seems to agree with the less restrictive exhaust flow.  Seems faster with no rejet.  I could not be more happier.  That said, this yoshimura system could be for sale......interested?

21 hours ago, panamawing said:

That said, this yoshimura system could be for sale......interested?

I have my stock exhaust, a new (old) Supertrapp slipon, and a left-exit TBR that needs some work.  Please don't inform me if you decide to sell the Yosh!

• Member Contributer
On 9/25/2020 at 6:42 PM, squirrelman said:

yosh=too friggin loud 4 me. pipes are nice but.........

Understand completely,  fine line from too frickin loud and sounds great.  Previous Staintune  and 2brothers slip on’s were just too loud with out the sounding loud but acceptable 4V growl the Yosh province Imhotep.

• Member Contributer

Sounds like a V4 symphony to me. Ride fast enough and the rider will never hear it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived