OEM Headlights or best options

TriumphTraitor

• Member Contributer

Let me begin by first asking if anyone might know where I can find a used mint set of OEM headlight assemblies (L&R) and a left mirror for my previously mint 2 wheeled child - my 2009 viffer?

eBay, amazon and kijiji have been no help. I can get a brand new pair of head lights from bike bandit for about $650 CAD and a new mirror for $90.

Has anyone had any experience with non OEM headlight assemblies? or Mirrors? How do they compare to OEM?

I'm counting my lucky stars that only the headlights and mirror were the only casualties in a very bizarre garage accident - not a single scratch or mark on the plastics anywhere else. Apparently a 60gallon stand up compressor falling over can cause a significant amount of damage to everything within close proximity. 

• Member Contributer

TT

I bought new headlights off eBay from China a few years ago and they have stood up very well as the original ones were in a poor state with chips and scratches. I originally was just going to swap over the lenses to the original lights but when I saw how good they were I used them. I can’t confirm all lights out there on eBay are the same but the ones I purchased were good.

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, Cogswell said:

There's a used set on ebay now, listed in the US, ships to Can.

I did see two different sets, one of them had a cracked housing and the other the lenses look no where near the condition of the ones I'm replacing. I'm pretty anal when it comes to scratches and swirl marks on my vehicles 

7 hours ago, Marooncobra said:

TT

I bought new headlights off eBay from China a few years ago and they have stood up very well as the original ones were in a poor state with chips and scratches. I originally was just going to swap over the lenses to the original lights but when I saw how good they were I used them. I can’t confirm all lights out there on eBay are the same but the ones I purchased were good.

How did you find the fitment on them? I guess my biggest concern with the after market headlight is that in my experience with cars they don't come with the same UV protection on the lens and end up yellowing and cracking very quickly. But it seems like maybe these Chinese ones might be decent parts 

• Member Contributer

Mine lights fitted fine and even though I have converted the housings to hold 2 x HID projectors I have had no issues. They are slightly lighter than OEM but they have identical mounting points, adjustment points and fit the bike with no gaps. I can take some video of them if you want to see them. As I originally stated in my first response, I can’t confirm if all China made lights would the same. 

Archived