New to me Long sitting '94 VFR750

Cown3d

Just picked up a '94 today. My first motorcycle in 12 years and I figured I might need some help from here getting it all set to ride. This is definitely a project bike. Hasn't been registered in 14 years and hasn't run in 2 years. Was someone's track project

Dropped the oil as soon as I got it back to the garage and over a gallon of fuel and oil mixture came out. The carbs somehow dropped a ton of gas into the engine?

Tried to pull the carbs off as planned on probably having to get them rebuilt, they are pretty stuck on there.

That's as far as I made it. 

Anyone have suggestions on carb rebuild kits?

20200919_172716.jpg

LiteTek makes all new gaskets for the 94-97, just order every one on their website. There are metal replacements on eBay for the plastic two plastic tees between the carbs.

The carbs will come out hard. A carefully place prybar will help pop them out. As for getting them back on a heat gun to soften them will help.

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD!!

Prior to dumping money in her, I'd investigate first if and how indeed (lots?) of fuel found its way in the oil....

On 9/20/2020 at 7:48 AM, coupedupsubie said:

LiteTek makes all new gaskets for the 94-97, just order every one on their website. There are metal replacements on eBay for the plastic two plastic tees between the carbs.

The carbs will come out hard. A carefully place prybar will help pop them out. As for getting them back on a heat gun to soften them will help.

Managed to get the carbs out, ordered the LiteTek kit. Having trouble finding the other pieces you're referring to.

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Cown3d said:

Managed to get the carbs out, ordered the LiteTek kit. Having trouble finding the other pieces you're referring to.

Like the rear subframe, fenders, all the body panels, battery box, instruments .......

21 hours ago, Thumbs said:

Like the rear subframe, fenders, all the body panels, battery box, instruments .......

1. That comment was not directed towards you 2. There is a well built battery compartment under the seat 3. None of that stuff matters on a $600 bike, don't be a snob, bikes are for riding.

Archived