Small favour from someone with DAM can on VFR1200F

Skids

• Member Contributer

I'm refitting the wheels on my 1200 after having 2 new tyres fitted.

I'm trying to position the exhaust clamp that hold the DAM end can back onto the bike pipe but the clamp looks like it will interfere with the centre stand when the bike rolls off the centre stand.

Could someone with a 1200F fitted with a DAM end can kindly take a photo of the positioning of the exhaust clamp so I can see where it will position so it doesn't interfere with the centre stand?

Thanks in advance.

• Member Contributer

Hi Skids.

I can have the same issue with the clamp on my IXIL exhaust 8gen. But it's just a stainless steel band clamp. Wouldn't you have the same for the DAM exhaust? It's just a case of having the clamp bolt positioned in the upper position so you can fit a socket to it to tighten, and not in a position that interferes with the centre stand. Is there something different with the DAM mount? Don't fully understand what/or why you have an issue!

Just wondering if you've fitted the clamp back on the exhaust 180deg to how it was, this would change the position of the clamp bolt possibly to a point you can't get at?

• Member Contributer
48 minutes ago, Grum said:

Hi Skids.

Just wondering if you've fitted the clamp back on the exhaust 180deg to how it was, this would change the position of the clamp bolt possibly to a point you can't get at?

You may have just hit the nail on the head m8, thanks. :beer:

• Member Contributer

Yup, that did it.

Can't believe I didn't spot that, this is not my first rodeo.  :blush:

Thanks again bud.  :beer:

Archived