Staintune Exhaust

Hello folks, I hope you’re all keeping sane and healthy during these strange times. 

I recently acquired a beautiful 1996 750 FT in Lapis Blue which I have been steadIly improving whilst quarantined!
It had sat for many years and although it still has the original exhaust I wouldn’t bet much on its future longevity. 
So, here’s the thing. Assuming the OE downpipes are either no longer available or are prohibitively expensive, who else manufactures a full system for this model? I am based in England but am happy to purchase from anywhere in the world. 
I recently sold a 2005 Triumph Daytona 955i fitted with an Australian Staintune high level silencer with removable baffle. This was the best exhaust I have ever had on any bike in forty years of riding. Does anyone know if they ever did one for the 96 VFR?

Finally, in 1993 I purchased a brand new 750FP fitted with a loud Micron silencer. The dealer told me it did not need the carbs up jetting. Hmm, not sure about that. Any thoughts?

Thanks for your time.DDABA912-6464-4B65-BEC3-59906DC52111.thumb.jpeg.29b9ec1c421f8fe5755b4ad29186f769.jpeg

• Member Contributer
Nice color, good looking bike. I remember seeing them in EU/UK early 2000's

In previous communication with Adam (Staintune) late last year, he will make anything to order on this page.
https://staintune.com.au/pages/price-and-model-listing-2014

4th, 5th and 6th Gen VFR's are on this list

Here's the info for 4th gen:

Honda VFR750
HO MS VFR 75 L 1994 to 1997 Honda VFR750 Low sports race bolt on muffler Removable Restrictor Each AUS$800
HO MS VFR 75 H 1994 to 1997 Honda VFR750 High sports race bolt on muffler Removable Restrictor Each AUS$800

Adam's email is sales@staintune.com.au
He's good at responding to email.

Tyga sells a full exhaust system with both right and left exit.  Many options on cans (silencer). ≈ US$1200
http://tyga-performance.com/index.php?cPath=72_1036_1819
Tyga also sells a header ≈ US$860 with no can, looks like this option will require modifying a non Tyga can to fit the collector 
http://tyga-performance.com/product_info.php?products_id=4982

Good luck

• 5 weeks later...

Staintune seemed to be for sale earlier this year and the e-mail sales@staintune.com.au is not being attended to.  Does anyone have any recent communication?  I recently purchased a mint 97 VFR750 with a hideous D&D pipe on it.  I would love to put a high mount Staintune exhaust on it but I fear this company no longer exists.....

• Member Contributer
11 minutes ago, Mitral said:

Staintune seemed to be for sale earlier this year and the e-mail sales@staintune.com.au is not being attended to.  Does anyone have any recent communication?  I recently purchased a mint 97 VFR750 with a hideous D&D pipe on it.  I would love to put a high mount Staintune exhaust on it but I fear this company no longer exists.....

I've found Staintune pipes to be very expensive even here in Australia. Have you had a good look at what Delkevic can offer you, made in your home country and far cheaper. Loved them on my 6gen and were almost half the price of my previous Staintunes!

Archived