30 amp fuse

bog

Dear folks, my 30 amp fuse holder is slightly yellowed, located directly under the seat, it has gotten hot at some point, is there a fix for this?  2003 vfr, not abs,   any help is appreciated.   bog

• Member Contributer

Hot terminals are usually a sign of a bit of corrosion at that spot; the corrosion increases the resistance of the joint and that produces heat. Clean the terminals and add some dielectric grease to prevent ongoing problems. 

Hello,

Often, the 30 amp fuse B are major problem with the VFR. You can change the fuse holder to a stronger one before charging problems appear. Check these regularly before he get too dark and you will be fine.

Have a good ride.

Hi fellas, received a carbtune yesterday and synched the starter valves today, i was going to set #3 to 20mm above and # 4 to 10mm above as per some of the posts in this website.  My bike ,which is a 2003 non abs, has the # 4 cylinder as the non adjustable one, so i set all cylinders at the level of #4. I have a better low end now, but still not quite right, its not happy at low rpm, always hunting so to speak. So what am i missing here, the posts have stated that #1 was the non adjustable ,but my bike it is #4.  my bike is #4 right hand front, #2 left hand front, #1 left hand rear, and # 3 right hand rear.  If i knew which cylinders to set a little higher on the guage i feel that would improve the low end carbureation so to speak, yes i know its fuel injected.   Need your help here fellas.........bog

• Member Contributer

Jeepers Bog, we answered that questions days ago. You have a 6th gen VFR, not a 5th gen, so all valves should be adjusted to the same vacuum. 

Archived