carb balancing tool

bog

Morgan Carburetor synch tool. I had the Motion Pro one with fake mercury and it sucked out loud. Morgan tool, I can do the synchronization on my Gen3 bikes in five minutes with three associated flash lights and a ninety degree screwdriver from my Triumph days. Tool is great as it simplifies the entire process which is key.

• Member Contributer

Yep agree, Morgan Carbtune is an excellent bit of kit.

Hang it on the bike do a bit of plumbing and away you go. (bottom picture 2009 6gen synch. After adjustments).

DSC00997.jpg

IMG_2996.JPG

after years of scientifik experimentation and research i can bench synch carbs to near-perfect accuracy without any need for gauges, and it costs nothing.

pm me for details.

• Member Contributer

1 hour ago, squirrelman said:

after years of scientifik experimentation and research i can bench synch carbs to near-perfect accuracy without any need for gauges, and it costs nothing.

pm me for details.

But, there are no carbs on a 6gen!:sad: Can you do the same for throttle bodies with starter bypass valves?

I havent received my service manual yet so i have a few questions, when syncing the starter valves, do you prop the tank up at the front? I have ordered a carbtune pro 4, should have it in a week. I used to sync carbs back in the 80s with a mercury column tool, worked pretty good. Do youknow if this carbtune pro 4 requires any additional equipment to sync a 2003 vfr 800, tubing adaptors etc...  also i have read that the 6th generation interceptors have different vacume readings for the 4 cylinders to be synced correctly? Any info would be greatly appreciated.   bog

• Member Contributer

You can download the Service Manual from this forum, download section. Yes it can be done by having the tank in the maintenance position. The carbtune comes with all you need to connect it to the Starter Valve vacuum hoses. It's the 5gen that has the offset vacuum,  the 6gen is balanced and referenced to cylinder 4.

• Member Contributer

A "haakse schroevendraaier" comes in handy. As go gloves to protect against scalding marks....

image.png.b97a7de7752e9b5b72dd4487c2d2e0a5.png