Motorcycle not accelerating properly in high RPMs.

darkshad

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, darkshad said:

All:

An update - I got the motorcycle back up and running and the "motorcycle not accelerating properly is fixed."  I installed a new clutch and that fixed the issue.

Clutch I used:  Barnett Performance Products 303-35-20046 - Complete Clutch Kit

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0031BJGM8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Repair Steps:

--Make sure the slave cylinder is rebuilt correctly - put the spring in first followed by the piston. 

--Put gasket sealer on slave cylinder gasket and put on slave cylinder.

--Put oil on clutch plates

--Put clutch plates in - make sure they are in the correct order.

--Put on lifter plate with lifter bearing

--Put in springs and bolts.- make sure to tighten them in correctly. 9 lbf-ft

--Put gasket sealer on clutch cover gasket.

--Put clutch cover gasket on clutch cover and put in all of the bolts.

--Wait 24 hours for gasket sealant to setup

Next day -

--Add oil filter and oil to the motorcycle.

--Bleed the clutch.

--Motorcycle should start back up.  Make sure you have added enough oil and take the motorcycle out for a test to see if the issue been resolved.

If the motorcycle doesn't want to start, or if the bike is in neutral, but you don't see the neutral light on the dash, look and see if you have any lose wires that might have came disconnected - ie. neutral switch (around the left side of the clutch cover) or ignition pulse generator (on the top side of the clutch cover).

Appreciate all of your help and ideas in helping me get the VFR back up and running.  Sometimes one just needs another set of eyes.

Have a good one.

Thanks.

?? Well did you find a disconnected Neutral Switch wire? Assume you ARE actually in Neutral gear!!!

Your bike won't crank over without an operational Neutral Switch. HOWEVER, try having your Side Stand UP and Clutch pulled In. Does it crank over and Start? If yes then you only need to sort out your Neutral Switch or its wiring issue!

Why are you mentioning your Ignition Pulse Generator when you can't even crank the bike over?

Am I the only one confused by what you're saying?

After replacing the clutch, I was having problems getting the motorcycle to start and run and so I found two disconnected wires - neutral switch and ignition pulse generator that were disconnected.  Once I got those plugged back in, the bike started and I was able to take it out for a test ride to verify that it was working properly.

Sorry for the confusion.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, darkshad said:

After replacing the clutch, I was having problems getting the motorcycle to start and run and so I found two disconnected wires - neutral switch and ignition pulse generator that were disconnected.  Once I got those plugged back in, the bike started and I was able to take it out for a test ride to verify that it was working properly.

Sorry for the confusion.

Ahh. Now I get what you're saying. Thanks for the clarification.

Glad you have it all sorted.

Perhaps I was the only one confused by what you said! I thought you still had issues or had created issues.

Cheers.

Archived