Cycle World's 10 Best Hondas

interceptor69

• Member Contributer

Honda's made so many, it's tough to sift through all their great bikes.  Still, considering that the 5th Gen was Motorcyclists' Motorcycle of the year (MOTY) in 1998, it seems like that would be hard to overlook - but they did.   Also, note that while they mention the CB750 as a 1969 model, the photo shown is a later model. 

Thanks for posting.

• Member Contributer

Yes, I was surprised by the 5th gen omission as well. Wish I'd never sold my RC51...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

As a Honda lover with 55 years worth of experience here are my best picks...

1958 50cc Cub...ridden
1969 CB750 .......ridden
1981 CR250R ...owned
1983 VF750 ......ridden
1984 VF500 .....owned
1988 RC30 .......owned
1991 NR750
1994 RC45 ......owned
1999 RC51 ......ridden
2013 RC213VS

6 hours ago, interceptor69 said:

Yes, I was surprised by the 5th gen omission as well. Wish I'd never sold my RC51...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Same here. Wish I would have hung on to my RC51 too. 

No VTEC, yo?  😅

Though I've only owned a 6th gen, I'd agree the 5th gen should have made the list.  They should have had an honorable mention section with the 5th gen, Blackbird, and Rune.

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, TimC said:

No VTEC, yo?  😅

Though I've only owned a 6th gen, I'd agree the 5th gen should have made the list.  They should have had an honorable mention section with the 5th gen, Blackbird, and Rune.

Blackbird owners seen to have similar loyalty to to VFR owners.   IMHO they're beautiful bikes - very sleek.  But, they are an inline 4.  Still wouldn't mind owning one,  but they don't seem to come up very often. 

1 hour ago, Cogswell said:

Blackbird owners seen to have similar loyalty to to VFR owners.   IMHO they're beautiful bikes - very sleek.  But, they are an inline 4.  Still wouldn't mind owning one,  but they don't seem to come up very often. 

+1.  I imagine many of them have been wrecked, probably at high speed.  I always preferred the looks of the Blackbird to the similarly fast Hayabusa and ZX-14.  Back when it was made, it was one of the very few sportbikes with that kind of power that could be used as a sport-tourer without many mods for rider comfort.

Archived