New 1992 VFR 750F Owner

RWP

Hello!  

New to VFRs owner here from the Southern California area 😎

It's a 1992 VFR 750F, 40k miles, stock.  Not perfect, but has been loved and survived fairly well! Still going through the basics, familiarizing myself with it. 🧰

Picked it up to try something totally different, with a bunch of character, more comfort and cheaper to run. I've always had a soft spot for early 90's bikes as well, and couldn't pass it up. 

Past bikes I've owned 

1979 Suzuki GS850GN x2  (love me some air cooled 70's as well, Suzuki 8 valves especially)

2010, 2013 and 2014 BMW S1000RR (got a thing for s1krr first gens, another well built machine)

118240758_636172234001303_3090696417196824152_n.jpg

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the club, there’s owners and service manuals in the download section 

Nice looking bike ... 

• Member Contributer

Very nice indeed.  Be careful with the plastics - very hard to come by.  If you have them off it would probably be good practice to inspect all the tabs and any other places for cracks or deterioration. You could Plastifix them to maintain their soundness. 

I don't know where you can find a connector pipe for a slipon these days - but those sound amazing with one - check out youtube,  there are a few 3rd gen videos showcasing the sound. 

Thank you very much! 

Great idea about safe guarding the delicate plastics! Thanks Cogswell!

I've just downloaded the service/owners manual and been reading up since it needs a few maintenance items addressed before its back on the road.    

I've got lots of questions 😅 , most of which i'm sure have been answered 100 times over, so at the moment i'm spending some in-between time around the forums getting to know some of the in's and out's.  

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, RWP said:

Thank you very much! 

Great idea about safe guarding the delicate plastics! Thanks Cogswell!

I've just downloaded the service/owners manual and been reading up since it needs a few maintenance items addressed before its back on the road.    

I've got lots of questions 😅 , most of which i'm sure have been answered 100 times over, so at the moment i'm spending some in-between time around the forums getting to know some of the in's and out's.  

Here's the youtube clip an owner put up with an aftermarket exhaust.  Yours would sound identical to it.   IMHO it is the best sound in all of motorcycling (but, of course I am biased).  If you skip to roughly the 2:00 mark it changes to the onboard view / sound, which personally I think is better. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On5oXdBJXcs

2 hours ago, Cogswell said:

Here's the youtube clip an owner put up with an aftermarket exhaust.  Yours would sound identical to it.   IMHO it is the best sound in all of motorcycling (but, of course I am biased).  If you skip to roughly the 2:00 mark it changes to the onboard view / sound, which personally I think is better. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On5oXdBJXcs

Thanks! OHHH that sounds great!  Went down the YouTube rabbit hole for a bit, some good sounding bikes on there for sure, very unique. If i'm understanding this correctly, the crank angle and firing order are different from the RC30/45 and different still from the Aprilia and Ducati V4 designs??  Still working it all out :huh: haha    

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the asylum RWP from the city of George Floyd (RIP dude). It is proof that you have great taste in mc's. And you've come to the best place for advice, help, fun and frivolity. Once you get past the bragging, lying, and male bovine discharge. :tongue:

Congrats on your VFR and welcome to VFRD!  Tons of great info and people here, and more expertise than you can shake a stick at.  Good luck and have fun getting 'er 100% sorted out, and ride safe!!  🙂 

• Member Contributer
On 8/24/2020 at 2:05 PM, RWP said:

Not perfect, but has been loved and survived fairly well!

Not perfect? It looks pretty good from here. Have fun.

Archived