8th Gen OEM pannier lid removal

Modgr

Does anyone know how to remove the lid from the OEM panniers on the 8th gen?

I had a bump the other day and I need to get the lid off to do a fibreglass repair and respray it but I cant figure out for the life of me how to get it off and I dont want to brute force it and damage it. 

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

20200820_125156.jpg

20200820_125200.jpg

• Member Contributer

Push the pins on the bottom of the case out . You may need to drill a hole on the opposite end of them to get them out but not a problem down the road .

8 minutes ago, gmtech94 said:

Push the pins on the bottom of the case out . You may need to drill a hole on the opposite end of them to get them out but not a problem down the road .

Thanks, that makes sense, but I wasnt sure if there was some kind of trick or special tool to pull the pin out from the open side.

2 hours ago, gmtech94 said:

Got them out eventually but f**k me they took a hell of a hammering. Honda didnt mess around securing them!

• Member Contributer

Glad it worked out ,I have done a few of them and some are easy and others must be glued in place .

8 hours ago, gmtech94 said:

Glad it worked out ,I have done a few of them and some are easy and others must be glued in place .

These were definetly glued in place at the knurled end of the hinge pin!! Think I will be replacing it with something a bit easier to get off in future!!

Archived