STOLEN: '94 VFR 750 (RC-36) from El Dorado County, Calif.

• Member Contributer
!!! STOLEN !!!

Please spread the word and keep an eye and ear out for this truly unique bike/parts customized by Busy Little Shop. If you come across any possible leads, please contact me in the comments below, or contact the El Dorado County Sheriff's Department at (530) 621-5655. (Ask for Deputy Birche and reference case file # EG20-6980). Thank you in advance!

Very special bike stolen from Pleasant Valley, Calif. on approx. 08/18/2020. Custom Built '94 VFR 750 (RC-36). Originally built as an AMA Open Superbike. Every part on this bike was then customized by Larry L. at Busy Little Shop (BLS) in Sacramento, Calif. to make it as close as possible to a HRC RC45 spec bike

VIN JH2RC3616RM400089
Engine # RC36E2405259
License # 19T7095

Customizations include:

* Multi-colored air tech body work (see photos)
* Frame (front end, engine cases, etc.) polished (except for rear sub-frame)
* PM 6-piston calipers on full-floating cast iron disc on GSXR USD forks riding in Kosman adjustable triple clamps
* Steering angle has been steepened 2 degrees (by the Frame Man) on a custom polished VFR frame
* Rear sets hand-built by BLS
* Custom rear brake master cylinder in PM caliper
* Custom-built non-cush drive rear axle which has been adapted for a RC45 single nut rear wheel (more than 100 hours machine shopped for this part alone)
* Custom lightened hand-built rear sprocket
*TBR full header system with heat-wrapped Yoshimura muffler
* Michelin Pilot Power 2CT tires (190/17 rear)
* Full-built race motor with lightened balanced and blueprinted crankshaft with lightweight slipper pistons
* Heads ported and polished with cams reground to HRC RC30 specs
* Running stock re-jetted carbs in a custom-painted air box
* Transmission undercut for better shifting in racing conditions
* Weight approx. 450 lb wet
* HP approx 140-150

1_94 VFR RR LS 2013.jpg

2_PNG_File_94_VFR_RR_LS.PNG

3_PNG_File_94_VFR_RR_LS_2.PNG

4_94 VFR RR Front Fairing and Headlight Bracket 2011.jpg

5_94_VFR_RR_Kosman_Adj_Triple_Clamps_and_Air_Box.jpg

6_94 VFR RR Tank and Tail Section Off 2011.jpg

7_94 VFR RR Hand Built Rear Set Controls BLS 2011.jpg

8_94 VFR RR NonCush Drive Axle Adptd for RC45.jpg

• Member Contributer

Assholes. Really sorry this happened to you, mate. 

The pics link doesn’t work on my phone. Would be useful to keep an eye out on eBay or similar sites for the one-off parts. 

My neighbour tracked a bike thief through Facebook. Might be worth a try? 

• Member Contributer

Klootzakken :angry:

Reads like a targetted theft...... May the  person who ordered it rot in hell....

Sorry to hear that!  😞   IMnshO, the US, and especially CA, and especially during this COVID time, are Way too soft on criminals.  I hate thieves...   :mad:   hope you are able to recover your bike soon and in good condition!

• Member Contributer

As far back as they had to go to get it,  it sounds as though they knew it was there. Cutting the lock indicates they were prepared.   It does not sound like a random target of opportunity. 

• Member Contributer

So sorry to hear that.  It's an absolutely unique bike.  Given you don't exactly live in a high-crime area, it must have been a local or someone who followed you home?  I hope whoever took it gets what they deserve...

Ciao,

JZH

• Member Contributer
12 hours ago, Samuelx said:

Sorry to hear that!  😞   IMnshO, the US, and especially CA, and especially during this COVID time, are Way too soft on criminals.  I hate thieves...   :mad:   hope you are able to recover your bike soon and in good condition!

USA too soft?  With the highest % incarcerations per capita, that statement is bit iffy.....

But, like you, I hate thieves..... :angry:

• Member Contributer

Ouch. Will anybody be able to sell such a bike, or even ride it in public? It must attract attention everywhere it goes. Because of that, you just might find it again.  Good luck!

• Member Contributer

Yep it pretty much draws a crowd whenever I ride it , and it's only really fun on the track or uncrowded twisty backroads that we know well. 

Luckily there isn't a big demand for race parts for a 94 VFR

• Member Contributer

trjerm, you have my sincere condolences over your loss. I agree with the targeted theory. I'd have very hurt feelings were I in your place. I hope the perp is caught and his bacon well fried. And Soon!

That is a fabulous example of VFR taken to the limit. Awesome construction.

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 10:42 PM, Dutchy said:

USA too soft?  With the highest % incarcerations per capita, that statement is bit iffy.....

But, like you, I hate thieves..... :angry:

Don't let statistics (and certain groups' slants on statistics) fool you.  If we have a lot of people jailed/imprisoned, all else being equal, that means we have a lot of scumbags out there running amok.  If you think the % of incarcerations per capita is a lot - you should see how many criminals, Especially Repeat Offenders!, we have running around who aren't even incarcerated right now Even After Being Caught Red Handed (partially due to COVID); you should see how many cases either don't get filed or get tossed out; you should see how often serious crimes get reduced down to lower crimes; you should see how often sentences are reduced; you should see how often people are let out after only doing 10-15% of their sentences; you should see how pitiful the "punishments" really are in comparison to the criminals' histories and the effects of their actions on victims; ETC AD NAUSEAM.  Too many people are not being raised correctly here and there really isn't enough negative reinforcement for them to act properly within the good/decent standards of a civilized society.

Right now, in LA County (and probably anywhere/everywhere else in Southern CA), if the scumbag who stole trjerm's motorcycle were caught riding the bike and even admitting to stealing the bike, he/she would most likely only be field booked and released (that means given a ticked/promise to appear and allowed to walk on down the road) - that's primarily due to COVID.  Non-covid?  Probably taken in and probably would do a max of about a week in jail (if that) - maybe a couple of weeks if he had priors...   SMH... 

• Member Contributer

The really shitty part of all this is that they didn't just steal a bike - like a CBR1000 where you could just go down and buy another just like it.  They also stole part of you - all the time, energy, joy and memories you got from putting all those mods together to make that your own.  That really sucks.  I'm sorry for your loss.  :sad:

• Member Contributer
21 minutes ago, Cogswell said:

The really shitty part of all this is that they didn't just steal a bike - like a CBR1000 where you could just go down and buy another just like it.  They also stole part of you - all the time, energy, joy and memories you got from putting all those mods together to make that your own.  That really sucks.  I'm sorry for your loss.  :sad:

Well said Cogswell, my feelings exactly, it's like ripping your heart out. :sad:.

Good luck terjerm hope somehow your bike is found, and the bastards caught.

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, Samuelx said:

Don't let statistics (and certain groups' slants on statistics) fool you.  If we have a lot of people jailed/imprisoned, all else being equal, that means we have a lot of scumbags out there running amok.  If you think the % of incarcerations per capita is a lot - you should see how many criminals, Especially Repeat Offenders!, we have running around who aren't even incarcerated right now Even After Being Caught Red Handed (partially due to COVID); you should see how many cases either don't get filed or get tossed out; you should see how often serious crimes get reduced down to lower crimes; you should see how often sentences are reduced; you should see how often people are let out after only doing 10-15% of their sentences; you should see how pitiful the "punishments" really are in comparison to the criminals' histories and the effects of their actions on victims; ETC AD NAUSEAM.  Too many people are not being raised correctly here and there really isn't enough negative reinforcement for them to act properly within the good/decent standards of a civilized society.

Right now, in LA County (and probably anywhere/everywhere else in Southern CA), if the scumbag who stole trjerm's motorcycle were caught riding the bike and even admitting to stealing the bike, he/she would most likely only be field booked and released (that means given a ticked/promise to appear and allowed to walk on down the road) - that's primarily due to COVID.  Non-covid?  Probably taken in and probably would do a max of about a week in jail (if that) - maybe a couple of weeks if he had priors...   SMH... 

Yup.  There's practically no punishment for property crimes. Just look at US cities now . . . 

Worse yet, thanks to BS absofreakinglutely stupid bleeding heart liberal measures like AB109 (a complete FAIL btw) - a TON of decent members of society have been repeatedly victimized (assaulted, robbed, extorted, kidnapped, even raped and/or killed like Whittier PD Officer Keith Boyer) by scumbags (even ones with extensive criminal histories, including violent crimes) being let back out on the street after doing little to no time behind bars.  :mad:

• Member Contributer

what a bunch of CNUTS for having your bike away, stunning looking bit of kit and surely going to be hard to shift, hopefully it will turn up undamaged once they realise how much of a 'one off' they have nicked

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Hi Smack,

As requested , I'm posting Pictures of the Highly Modified RC 36

1_94 VFR RR LS 2013.jpg

• Member Contributer
On 9/5/2020 at 6:52 AM, trjerm said:

Hi Smack,

As requested , I'm posting Pictures of the Highly Modified RC 36

1_94 VFR RR LS 2013.jpg

Holy Socks! The amount of polished metal is blinding.

Archived