Anyone got an eccentric drive for sale?

Hi all. First time poster. I’ve got a 97 vfr 750 which is my pride and joy.

unfortunately, after changing to a -1 front sprocket I found my eccentric drive is goosed. Removed it and it’s beyond repair.

does anyone have one or know if one going? Just need the eccentric drive as axle is fine.

cheers

• Member Contributer

image.png.87041515f8d25acedf9f14fb37173da7.png

I'd hazard a guess with the part between #28 and #30

Prior owners probably use a screwdriver and hammer once too often.... :laugh:

https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/honda-motorcycle/750-MOTO/VFR/1995/VFR750FS/Frame/REAR-WHEEL-VFR750FR-FS-FT-FV-/13MT4L41/F__1401/2/10264

• Member Contributer

There's a 3rd gen unit on ebay - some research mite reveal if it's forward compatible with your 4th gen.

• Member Contributer

You could get the bearings (available) and rebuild it if the housing (NLA) is not somehow damaged. That would be preferable to buying a used one with old bearings of unknown condition. It’s not clear in your question what part is actually beyond repair.

• Member Contributer

Assuming "Preston" is in the UK, just go on eBay.  Plenty of VFR swing arms on there.  The axle carrier is common to all 3rd and 4th gens, IIRC.  Bearings can be pressed out and in, no problem.  The part that gets damaged is the chain adjuster crenellations, and that is, unfortunately "rider error"...  Just make sure of the condition of the carrier from the pics before you buy.

Ciao,

JZH 

Archived