Delkevic vs Decibels??

MJH

Hey all ... just found a decent price on set of Delk Mini 8 slip ons. Just wondering the opinions on the sound/noise they make? Want louder for sure, just not LOUD!! I know that they have a baffle that can be taken in/out, so I am sure that makes a big difference. Opinions on what it compares to as far as sound? I prefer the Stay-In-Tunes, but they are getting harder to find. Those with the "quiet insert" or baffles or whatever are nice, because they're fairly quiet just tooling around, until you start romping on it. With them out, then they're quite a bit louder all around. I had a line on those too, but required me buying/re-selling the entire bike to just get mufflers and the Penske shock I wanted. I passed, just cause the guy had been trying to sell the bike since last winter, and didn't want to get stuck with 2 of the same bikes!

So anyways, direct experience from either having or hearing these is a few scenarios ... around town/commuting/backroads etc? Or what they kinda compare to? I've heard a number of other ones on VFRs, but not too much with the Delks ... mostly inline 4s ... which have been pretty damn LOUD!! I might just end up going to a single muffler, and change out the subframe/bodywork, to lose quite a bit more weight all around?

Any/all info will help ... Thanks in advance!!

Archived