Gday from Sydney, Aus

natedawg

• Member Contributer

Welcome natedawg.

Always liked the B/W 6gen, bet it sounds awesome with the Delkevics (guessing they are)you've fitted.

Better post some nice pics of that great looking bike.

Cheers from down south.:beer:

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the asylum Natedawg, where abouts in Sydney are you, anywhere near Maroubra?

Enjoy the forum, great source for all your VFR needs.

Gday Grum, cheers for the welcome mate 👍🏻. Yeh your right the are Delkevic and they do sound great. I will get some more pics up soon. 

Love the wheels on your bike, I'm guessing she's fairly new by the blinkers in the mirrors? 

Where's down South?

• Member Contributer

G'day natedawg, welcome to the best motorcycle forum on the www. from another1 down in the wuhanDanplan state of shut-down Victoria 

Nice b & w 6g, whats ur other mc poking its little butt in ur profile pic

+1 on more pics or clips :wheel:

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, natedawg said:

Gday Marooncobra, haha the asylum hey, hopefully il fit right in! 

Some nice custom work on your bike, looks like a staintune setup you have there? How's it sound? 

Staintunes are great. Luckily they were already on the bike when I purchased it 6 years ago as they make a hell of a dent in your wallet!!! Fantastic quality and sound though. The only issue I have at the moment is a rattle in the exhaust on acceleration. From initial investigation I think the cat may be loose in the collector as I have traced the source to there whilst stationary and blipping the throttle. I have a spare exhaust so I might just go and get that ceramic coated and replace it. Apparently removing the cat doesn’t give any increase in BHP so I have only put in O2 eliminators and didn’t remove it.

Are you near the Bra?

• 3 weeks later...

Gday BOOZZIE, 

Cheers mate, happy to be here! 

Yeh can't be much fun down there, hopefully they get it sorted. 

The other bike is my brothers Yamaha fz6 (detuned model for learners). 

I'm trying to get more pics up, can you advise the best way at all? 

All the best mate 👍🏻 

• Member Contributer
22 minutes ago, natedawg said:

Gday Dutchy, 

I spend some time up North, around the border of NSW, QLD. How far north are you mate? 

I can answer that one!! Looooong way north.

Near enough to 16,700kms as the crow flies :fing02:

• Member Contributer
On 9 August 2020 at 3:18 AM, natedawg said:

Gday Grum, cheers for the welcome mate 👍🏻. Yeh your right the are Delkevic and they do sound great. I will get some more pics up soon. 

Love the wheels on your bike, I'm guessing she's fairly new by the blinkers in the mirrors? 

Where's down South?

Nothin special about the wheels on my bike. Standard issue for a 2014 8gen.

"Down South" = Sunbury Vic.

Cheers.:beer:

• Member Contributer

Dutchy,

I haven’t heard cloggyland for ages. I served in Germany with the Brit Army for 10 years and loved going into Roermond for shopping as the Germans used to close their shops from 1200 Saturday until Monday morning. Great food and the Dutch seem to have the same sense of humour as the Brits!!😂😂😂

Congrats on your VFR and welcome to VFRD!  Most people who ride VFRs really love their bikes, so you're not alone in that.  🙂  Enjoy your rides and be safe!

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, Marooncobra said:

Dutchy,

I haven’t heard cloggyland for ages. I served in Germany with the Brit Army for 10 years and loved going into Roermond for shopping as the Germans used to close their shops from 1200 Saturday until Monday morning. Great food and the Dutch seem to have the same sense of humour as the Brits!!😂😂😂

I worked and lived in Scotland for 4 years; I was often referred to as "that cloggy b@stard......"  :laugh:

• Member Contributer

Welcome natedawg to the V4 madhouse. Congrats for choosing the best mc available. Looking forward to your pictures.

On 8/30/2020 at 7:11 AM, MaxSwell said:

Welcome natedawg to the V4 madhouse. Congrats for choosing the best mc available. Looking forward to your pictures.

Cheers! Looking forward to putting them up (when I work out how) 

On 8/25/2020 at 9:39 PM, TimC said:

Congrats on your VFR and welcome to VFRD!  Most people who ride VFRs really love their bikes, so you're not alone in that.  🙂  Enjoy your rides and be safe!

Cheers mate! I got taken out back in 2003 by a car that ran a red light so I'm very big on safe riding. All the best and safe riding to you too! 

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, natedawg said:

Thanks for the welcome! Hope you enjoyed Sydney, has changed alot over the years

Loved it m8, and Melbourne and the East Coast too.

Will be back someday, perhaps for the Lions Tour in '25.

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, natedawg said:

Very nice mate, I have actually visited cloggyland lol (Amsterdam) and also I lived in Scotland (Edinburgh) for 2 years! 

I lived in Dean Village, Edinburgh,

worked in South Queensferry.

2nd floor on the left

image.png.788e720d35111b87b0570121428e6262.png

At the back/right, up the stairs

image.thumb.png.1717fe959cba96a5e860111472cf279b.png

Parked my bike inside the courtyard (to the left). Always walked the Guzzi to the main road before starting. The old window frames would rattle otherwise...

image.png.c46d7582527226173003b58453eae943.png

Scannen0194.thumb.jpg.b28e610a0ad65839ff6cb5e6b6c71919.jpg

My mum visited me in 1990 so I took her for a spin....  🙂

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, natedawg said:

Cheers! Looking forward to putting them up (when I work out how) 

1st - get photo editor app too downsize data/metadata of the pic

2nd - save pic to a specific file

3rd - where do you want the pic?

if In this thread Select the "📎 Click to choose files" (just below left). Then select the pic from your saved specific file,

if in your account profile select the picture icon ,top right corner below vfrd banner, a drop down menu with Upload picture should appear 

4th - after pic file has been selected then smash the Submit Reply 

Archived