Is the clutch handle friction point ajustable?

Loubloub

Hello

I just bought my 2003 VFR800 this past Sunday and am very happy despite having to do a lot of work on it. My question pertains to the friction point on the clutch handle. It's very far and I find it difficult to engage as I have small hands. I am wondering if there is a way to ajust this or it is simply a sign that the clutch needs to be replaced?

Thanks in advance for your help.

20200802_140254.jpg

• Member Contributer

Might first thought when I saw the picture was 'Hindle Exhaust, must be a Canadian bike'. It looks like you have Pazzo levers or something similar and the clutch appears to be at the closest setting. I have Pazzo's on my '98 and the back of the 'elbow' on the lever is 55mm from the grip when I have the lever on the closest setting if this gives you a point of comparison. You didn't mention how many km are on the bike.

• Member Contributer

Not sure I can help with the engagement point... I don't have small hands, and I have Pazzo levers, but I agree that the engagement point wasn't ideal. What improved it for me was swapping to a 5th gen slave cylinder. I'm not sure it changed the engagement point, but the feel is so smooth you won't care... 

Longish thread, but worth the read. 

On 8/5/2020 at 9:29 AM, Dangeruss said:

Might first thought when I saw the picture was 'Hindle Exhaust, must be a Canadian bike'. It looks like you have Pazzo levers or something similar and the clutch appears to be at the closest setting. I have Pazzo's on my '98 and the back of the 'elbow' on the lever is 55mm from the grip when I have the lever on the closest setting if this gives you a point of comparison. You didn't mention how many km are on the bike.

You have a good eye! It had 54000km on it last Sunday. I've added close to 800km this week.

23 hours ago, Marvelicious said:

Not sure I can help with the engagement point... I don't have small hands, and I have Pazzo levers, but I agree that the engagement point wasn't ideal. What improved it for me was swapping to a 5th gen slave cylinder. I'm not sure it changed the engagement point, but the feel is so smooth you won't care... 

Longish thread, but worth the read. 

Thanks, I'll take a look.

Archived