6th Gen Water Pump Fit 5th Gen VFR?

mpcbuilt

Hey guys! Just curious if the water pump from a 6th gen will bolt right up to a 5th gen VFR. I believe the only thing wrong with mine is that the o ring/gasket sealing the two halves of the water pump body has failed causing a slow drip. Unfortunately, the only new o rings/gaskets I can source for this particular part are out of the UK and I am a US resident that has less than two weeks to prepare for a trip to Colorado on my bike involving thousands of miles of riding. There are some used water pumps removed from 6th gens on eBay in the states that would arrive much more quickly than the gasket from the UK. Any insight or help is appreciated, many thanks! 

• Member Contributer

Partzilla is showing the water pump gasket for the 99 VFR as being in stock in the US.

https://www.partzilla.com/product/honda/19226-ML7-000?ref=4787329851758929b6f49e7130542126fc18b397

From the parts fiche, the part numbers for the 5th and 6th are all different for the pump, outer cover and gasket, so its not clear whether you can interchange the part. 

Archived