Plastics Removal Guide - anyone have one?

Skids

• Member Contributer

Does anyone have a guide to removing the plastics from the VFR800X Crossrunner 2015+ models? Or would anyone be willing to produce one, preferably with photos?

Many thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi , I am new to the Crossrunner and trying to find info on how to remove panels easy is a pain in the butt , nobody tells the satanic art of removal , is this a power trip me thinks , they ned me LOL.  Oh please some kind person speak to me before I put a load of broken plastic on Fleebay. Come on down peeps and help the boys.

• Member Contributer

I hope this will help answer your problem:

(I entered this in a google search.)

Factory service manual for VFR800X Crossrunner 2015

I looks like there are sources for downloading a PDF and sources to purchase a hard copy.

I've found FSMs for my fifth gens extremely useful for just about everything I want to do on my machines.

Good luck and safe riding.

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, MaxSwell said:

I hope this will help answer your problem:

(I entered this in a google search.)

Factory service manual for VFR800X Crossrunner 2015

I looks like there are sources for downloading a PDF and sources to purchase a hard copy.

I've found FSMs for my fifth gens extremely useful for just about everything I want to do on my machines.

Good luck and safe riding.

Thanks Maxswell, tried that route numerous times.

Not available without a credit card, which I wont release to sites like that, or the search brings up the Owners Manual.

• Member Contributer

With my new quickshifter, there came a link to a site which you can download some accessory fitting guides for the 2015 and 2017 models and as part of the foglamp fitting guide is an illustration of how to remove the plastics which I thought might come in handy for some. Just remember that on Steps 6 and 8, the cowl comes off by sliding it backwards. Just take care throughout not to break any of the plastic tabs.

Here is the link to the accessory fitting instructions: http://cssportal.css-club.net/honda/mca/start.asp?group=oth

plastics removal.jpg

Archived