Hello from Milwaukee

nunia720

Hello Everyone. I am new to the Forum and just wanted to say "Hey" to everyone!! I do not have a VFR as of yet but am desperately trying to find one. Can you guess what generation......?????? Yep, 5th Gen!!

I currently have a 2002 Ninja 500~~please don't ban me, LOL!! But am looking for something bigger with close to the same riding position. I was thinking the Concourse 1000 models were going to work but after test driving a 2002 yesterday I wasn't impressed. Too big, but the guy came with a buddy for the meet and he had a 2000 VFR and I fell in love!!!

Anyways, hope everyone is having a good day and staying healthy. Wish me luck on my search!!

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD from across the pond:beer:

Good luck in your search Blame @MaxSwell for the reduced # of 5th gens in the US.... :goofy:

Welcome to VFRD!  5th gens are getting harder to find, but they are out there.  Check the Classifieds forum here periodically.  If you're searching Craigslist, be sure to widen the scope of your search.  CycleTrader is a great search tool, and of course you can search the whole country with that site.

You may end up having to go get the bike or have it shipped to you.  VFRD has members all over the country and the world.  If you find a good prospect in the US though, you could put out a feeler on VFR to ask if anyone could go check the bike out for you.  Most folks here know what to look for, especially if it's the same generation VFR they ride or have owned in the past.

Good luck with the search!

• Member Contributer

Hello nunia and welcome to the group.  I grew up in Milwaukee and only moved away eight years ago.  Good luck finding your bike, don't forget to check the classified sections here and on other VFR sites.

Archived