VFR 800 (05) Stator

Ryan

Hi guys,

Recently took my bike to a mechanic to fix a charging issue. He advised the stator was burned out and that a new genuine stator would cost £400 ($500 for my American friends). 

So he suggested an aftermarket stator of £194 ($210) and a bypass regulator? at £106 ($120)

For a 15 year old bike I thought this sounds expensive? 

Hi guys,

Recently took my bike to a mechanic to fix a charging issue. He advised the stator was burned out and that a new genuine stator would cost £400 ($500 for my American friends). 

So he suggested an aftermarket stator of £194 ($210) and a bypass regulator? at £106 ($120)

The cost of parts does not go down over the years as the cost of a used bike unfortunately. Sounds like normal price for stator and r/r to me.

On 7/20/2020 at 1:24 PM, iLikeThat said:
On 7/20/2020 at 12:13 PM, Ryan said:
Hi guys,

The cost of parts does not go down over the years as the cost of a used bike unfortunately. Sounds like normal price for stator and r/r to me.

Thanks for the reply dude. Much appreciated.

Archived