MotoGP is Goooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

JZH

• Member Contributer

Bloody luck escape. Maybe he should “pull the pin” now and spend all his millions cruising the Mediterranean. He is 40 plus and proved he can ride a motor bicycle rather well.

• Member Contributer

Nonsense....

Rossi is his own man,   just as Joey and Nicky were....

One could argue that there was no need to do a minor road race in Estonia. Or be in Italy on a fitness training bicycle ride....

Last Friday, a car pulled out of a drive w/o paying attention to me. Missed my tail by 2 feet at best. That would be 4 years after my T-bone in Lithuania.

At 57, I have proved I can ride a bike ok'ish..... I will not pull that pin either... :tongue:

YMMV

• Member Contributer

Championship is anyone's.

How good was Dovi winning for Ducati after walking out on negotiations? Class move.

Good to see Miller get a podium.

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, Luke said:

Championship is anyone's.

How good was Dovi winning for Ducati after walking out on negotiations? Class move.

Good to see Miller get a podium.

It wasn't good for ducati it was a F U ducati. After ducati BS pay over the past years (to sign Jorge, that worked🤪) and then probably trying to screw him again for the next contract to get Miller 

Gooooooooo Dovi

• Member Contributer

What a crash-fest that was.  Just watched the races today.  Blimey!  Glad everyone is (more or less) okay.

The MotoGP championship is wide open, owing to the absence of you-know-who... When is he back, anyway?

Ciao,

JZH

• Member Contributer
21 hours ago, JZH said:

What a crash-fest that was.  Just watched the races today.  Blimey!  Glad everyone is (more or less) okay.

The MotoGP championship is wide open, owing to the absence of you-know-who... When is he back, anyway?

I heard Misano, not long from now. 

While I admit he is the best rider of this era, I'm not a fan of MM93. But. The math says he can still win the championship. 

My opinion on Zarco is that, whether on not he is at fault, the accumulation of incidents has cemented his reputation as unsafe in the paddock. One more strike and he might end his career, at least on a competitive bike. However...I will miss him in the podium press conferences where he might ask a (Zoom) journalist if he is in the shower, or sing a Brad Binder Winner song. 

Do-vi, Do-vi!

i-8xwQVM5-4K.jpg

• Member Contributer

MM is out for a few months by the sounds.

Hope he didn't do permanent nerve damage.

Gunna be a great race tonight.

• Member Contributer

Something to calm my nerves while I watch the Styrian GP tonight 😃A89E891B-8849-4DAC-B57C-AF795B1D0D4F.thumb.png.14f576d7ea3faea1d52a08dbc384136a.png

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Philois1984 said:

Something to calm my nerves while I watch the Styrian GP tonight 😃A89E891B-8849-4DAC-B57C-AF795B1D0D4F.thumb.png.14f576d7ea3faea1d52a08dbc384136a.png

Good choice!

I'll dig in my cupboard for a matching bottle....

Yeah, MM out. Rossi is and will be the GOAT....

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, Luke said:

MM is out for a few months by the sounds.

Hope he didn't do permanent nerve damage.

Gunna be a great race tonight.

Dutchy will be deeply saddened by this. He's probably going to hit the bottle to drown his sorrows. Don't worry Dutchy, 93 will be back better and stronger next season.:beer:

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, VFR78 said:

What about Ago and Mike the Bike. I’ve ridden the IOM circuit (slowly) and know those two must have been good all rounders. 

Indeed, having done the IOM track at some speed, those who race there have balls... Serious balls....

There is no hard definition of GOAT, but for me, Rossi it is.

Strange to see empty stand....

Last year:

1791469073_spair.thumb.jpg.f2e8547447f88cb4ea88aa7362a1fc91.jpg.c066d90f2e4e125877ff0415cbff0083.jpg

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, Philois1984 said:

Need one now!

IMG_20200823_143709.thumb.jpg.333976c626e9e39af740600ccf680c5f.jpg

Red Flag Ring Austria 😉

#brembosaysno

• Member Contributer

I had to watch the race re-start twice. Good stuff. Lots of riders are hunting for a win rather than just "trying to keep up".

Yamaha is effectively out due to bad engines/weak brakes.

Honda is out without MM93. They may have put Taka Nakagami on a 2020 bike and he's feeling it, but its too late for him to be a real contender.

Suzuki is getting good results but can't quite make it consistent.

Which leaves Ducati and the dark horse KTM to vie for the championship while everyone else holds on.

A different year for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Harkamal Singh

59 m  · 

𝗧𝗿𝗮𝗻𝘀𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱

An expert physiotherapist and osteopath assumes that the unsatisfactory results of Marc Márquez's second operation extend the times of his recovery

Marc Marquez's recovery is getting complicated and times are getting longer. If he had initially tried to get back on track just a few days after his fracture, now the Cabroncito had to give up and throw in the towel at least for the 2020. season. But it's not at all said that the reigning world champion will recover the perfect arm functionality not even on the championship finale.

A Spanish physiotherapist and osteopathic expert, Ruben Garcia Ruiz, who analyzed what happened at number 93: " The first operation

was a success and, although he seemed to have the Terminator's arm, having seen him do the pushups three days after surgery I was as stunned as anyone else ", admits to the microphones of the MotoRaceNation specialized site. " Obviously a professional athlete always has to fight to recover as soon as possible, but what we saw Marquez do was inhuman ".

But precisely this decision to force, in vain, recovery times are at the root of successive complications: "The humerus has been subjected to significant stress that led to a re-operation, which did not go well ", explains Dr. Ruiz. "We saw a picture of Marquez with a cast covering his right arm up to the first finger of his hand. And that picture tells us a lot: if re-operation was normal, that cast shouldn't have gone there, at best up to the elbow or a little lower".

Marquez second surgery failed

The Iberian doctor says that the new operation Marquez was subjected to had an unsatisfactory outcome: "I have a riskier hypothesis: the second surgery may not have gone as well as desired. The truth is that all the stress the bone has been subjected to doesn't make it easy to reposition everything in the right conditions". And for this reason it will take a long time before Marc is back in perfect shape: " Marquez will have a lot of effort to recover his elbow ", concludes Dr. Ruiz." And even if they allow him to try the 2021 prototype before the end of the season, what possible, in my opinion he should refuse, to have time to complete consolidation. If there is an important articulation for a rider, it is that of the elbow, since all the strength you need to carry the motorcycle passes through there ".

Archived