How to disable turn signals sound???

ayzik

Hello everybody, new VFR appreciator here - riding one over the weekend to Penticton and back starting tomorrow, courtesy of my friend! 

I have a question that for some reason could not get an answer to after searching this amazing forum (and the rest of the internet) for a while - how to turn off the most annoying ever beeping blinker aural feedback sound? I did set the clock, so it isn't a 100% failure. LOVED riding the bike though, a little envious of you all!

Thank you and have a great day!

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD from across the pond :beer:

I'd say check the electrical diagram, locate the beeper on your bike (my bikes never had a beeper) and

image.jpeg.f4819143c9da6552abc72eea24adc62f.jpeg

:goofy:

PS: do post up with a picture of your bike, without it you donot exist! :laugh:

• Member Contributer

Must be an add on device. There's no annoying blinker sound on a standard 6 gen. Take to the beeper with Dutchy's side cutters.

Oh that.  That's a warning chime to let you know the blinker fluid is low, and you should add some ASAP.  😁

Just kidding of course.  "Blinker fluid" is an old joke among enthusiasts.  Grum is right - there is no audible signal reminder on 6th gen VFRs.  A previous owner must have installed it.  That's a first for me, as I've never heard of someone doing that.

Welcome to VFRD, and have a great trip!!

Archived