Aftermarket Fairings vs. OEM | Experience and where to find

RC46VT

Hey Guys,

I had a low speed low-side recently when I hit a pile of sand and the bike ended up getting it worse than I did...  I was able to ride it 30 minutes home and the damage seems to be mostly cosmetic.

She needs a new left lower cowl as well as a front if I can find them.  I've combed over ebay and a few other sites and haven't been able to find much in terms of OEM equipment in decent condition.  I would like to keep it as close to OEM as possible but was wondering if anyone has any experience with aftermarket fairing kits.  Surely the quality will not be OEM, but if I am unable to find anything I would like to investigate other options.

I can easily find an OEM clutch lever (which got bent pretty badly), but does anyone have any recommendations for aftermarket levers?  Amazon parts make me nervous and don't mind shelling out a little extra for quality equipment.

Any resources or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!

IMG_20200710_134228.jpgIMG_20200710_134304.thumb.jpg.bc7dad915fcd4c534f8ed9aa08e97a61.jpgIMG_20200710_134129.thumb.jpg.cf31fa8268c77474758fc3a5691a4729.jpg

• Member Contributer

I did the same sort of damage to the right side of my bike and ended up buying a top, right side and tail cowling from Auctmarts on eBay, they are a vendor in Shenzen near Hong Kong. The outcome was great for me, the parts fit was close to perfect and paint finish/match was excellent. I sent them a chunk of my crashed fairing to use as a colour match and they did very well. English is not their first language but we got there, shipping was cheap and packing was great. The fairings are compression moulded not injection moulded, which apparently leads to more variability, but I was happy. 

IMG_3330.JPG

• Member Contributer

following. Interested in entire fairing kits too if someone wants to post their testimonials.

Archived