Beeping sound when riding two-up

eNiMaLx

Hey all,

I have a question regarding a 2003 VFR800A. For some reason, the bike makes a beeping sound 13 times, followed by a pause of 30 seconds if I remember correctly, then it repeats for the duration of the ride. It seems to constantly do it whenever I ride 2-up, and I believe it did only one time while I was riding solo. No lights on the dashboard. Anyone have any idea?

• Member Contributer

This could be a 1st . . . never heard of anything like that.  Will follow this to see what shakes out.

:lurk:

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, eNiMaLx said:

Hey all,

I have a question regarding a 2003 VFR800A. For some reason, the bike makes a beeping sound 13 times, followed by a pause of 30 seconds if I remember correctly, then it repeats for the duration of the ride. It seems to constantly do it whenever I ride 2-up, and I believe it did only one time while I was riding solo. No lights on the dashboard. Anyone have any idea?

Yep very strange indeed. On a stock standard 6gen there is no aural or audible type of beeper warning systems, so unless there have been added electrical devices, then the noise can't be electrical!

Do you have any type of added electrical devices or wiring mods? Alarm system installed ?

Mystery solved! It was the speedometer app I downloaded and used that day to verify the VFR's speedometer that kept running in the background with a warning at anything over 20 kph. I initially didn't hear it because of the wind and must've forgotten about it. Also explains the mystery battery drain that day... I initially thought it was a warning beep to warn you that you have a passenger riding 2-up lol. It made sense since I could only hear it at low speeds, though the fact it completely disappeared at anything below 20 kph and kept going at anything above 20 kph was strange indeed for a passenger caution warning lol.

• Member Contributer
1 minute ago, eNiMaLx said:

Mystery solved! It was the speedometer app I downloaded and used that day to verify the VFR's speedometer that kept running in the background with a 20 kph warning. I initially didn't hear it because of the wind speeds and must've forgotten about it. Also explains the mystery battery drain that day...

Glad you're sorted. That will teach you for riding over 20kph. you've been warned!:tour:

• Member Contributer

I have an app on my phone that warns me if my wife asks questions and I answer

Beep

"do you like my new dress?

Beep Beep

"yes"

Beep

"do you think the color suits me?

Beep Beep Beep

"yes"

Beep

"do you think it makes my ass look big?"