Looking for hopefully a quick confirmation to confirm/dismiss woes

Disca

Evening all

I've recently obtained a set of used Scorpion cans to replace my Delkevic race ones as I've noticed more and more of my insurance policies referencing street legal exhausts and I don't want to run that risk anymore...

The exhaust I have obtained is this 350mm one, don't really know much more about it since documentation by Scorpion is long gone.

IMG_4268.thumb.JPG.485bc6a541b98f1a5cb1cbf6e73d848f.JPG

Also seen in this video: 

What I can't quite work out in my head yet is... whether it will go onto the Delkevic decat pipes without any modification.

The delkevic cans used to fit onto the stock cat, so I'd like to assume it will all marry up happily however the clamps used on the Delkevic set are 48-51mm whereas the scorpion came with a set of seized 51-55mm clips which I have ordered a new set of.

The size difference has put a niggling doubt in my mind...

I lined up the link pipe from the scorpion onto the stock cat output and it sits with a tiny bit of wobble, which I assume the clamp would tighten down.

Anyone got these and able to put me out of my misery before I take the old ones off one weekend whilst the toddler sleeps, find it doesn't work without modification and I become a sad bunny.

Cheers

Mike

8 minutes ago, boOZZIE said:

Some exhausts use the OE gasket at the bottom of pic some don't 

VFR exhaust gasket.jpg

Will have to have a look in the box my cat is in 😄 maybe I’ll email scorpion and ask for a copy of the docs it would’ve come with.

• Member Contributer

All I can tell you is the Delkevic slip-on on my 5th gen fitted the stock header WITHOUT the gasket; it was a snug slip fit and they supplied a tube of hi-temp RTV silcone for the joint. That is my roundabout way of saying that your Delkevics may have been the same but the Scorpions may fit need a stock gasket for fitment.

Archived