Extra bags to mount on top of hard cases?

motoadam

I’m planning a big trip! Anyone have any recommendations for bags that can be mounted on top of the left and right hard cases?  And mounting suggestions welcome!

TIA

• Member Contributer

it all depends on what you are willing to do.. straps ?suction cups ? or do what serious touring guys do.. drill and put bolts from the inside out. 

harley and bmw guys  drill mounting points for soft bags by locking the bolt down on the out side and often using wing nuts and pins to mount the extra bag and allows for quick removal.

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, motoadam said:

I’m planning a big trip! Anyone have any recommendations for bags that can be mounted on top of the left and right hard cases?  And mounting suggestions welcome!

TIA

Here’s my suggestion, doesn’t actually mount on the hard cases but would sit over them, easier to use the cases this way I think. You can also mount another bag above the centre bag if you need more room. This is presuming you won’t have a pillion of course.

D0DF6D5B-9E15-4F44-8F8C-204BE62267EA.png

• Member Contributer

Philois  is on the money. Kriega US40/50 sits well above the panniers on a Gen 8. Not sure how the 1200 pillion seat is setup.

• 4 weeks later...

thanks everyone!  sorry for the late reply - I lost my password and then forgot about all this!  hahaha.  Anyway - I'm off on my trip in a couple of weeks so I'll check out the Kriega bags.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived