OEM Stator obtainium...

Madfox

• Member Contributer

Just thought I'd post some info... I was able to get an OEM Honda stator thru Bikebandit ... It was delayed almost 2 months but I finally received it... my understanding was that they were unobtanium but I took a gamble and ordered one anyway ...

Now Bikebandit customer service is nonexistent.... and it was massively delayed with zero outreach from them as to why... I had to call them several times and their call system is a joke ... but i eventually got what I wanted. 

So if an OEM stator is needed and you have an open time frame, give em a shot. Dont waste your time if you need things in a timely manner though 

20200709_114453.jpg

• Member Contributer

Good to know that there are still new ones out there.   I may have to give them a shot depending on how the stator on my 6th gen looks.  My 5th looks ok.

• Member Contributer

I wonder if 5th and 6th gen stators differ in only the wire length and connector to the R/R.  The two motors have so much in common below the cylinder heads,  and by appearance the stator covers look to be the same.  If all that differs is the pigtail to the R/R, then that's a simple mod to adapt it. 

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Cogswell said:

I wonder if 5th and 6th gen stators differ in only the wire length and connector to the R/R.  The two motors have so much in common below the cylinder heads,  and by appearance the stator covers look to be the same.  If all that differs is the pigtail to the R/R, then that's a simple mod to adapt it. 

Nope. 6th Gen are different size from the 5th Gen. And, the 2002 is a 1yr-only component, different from the 2003 and onward bikes. 

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, ducnut said:

Nope. 6th Gen are different size from the 5th Gen. 

Indeed they are.

Ask me how I know! :blush:

• Member Contributer

AFAIK, the RC46-2 (6th gen for the Americans) stator in its first year (2002) had a 107mm diameter. Subsequent years 115mm.

The VTEC pipework did an "amazingly fantastic great job" (as The Donald would describe it)  at obscuring the oil flow into the housing.....  😉

gallery_11167_3100_92696.jpg

Archived