Thinking of selling 5th gen

Hi all

I have a 5th gen I have owned for a few years now  due to hip issues I made changes which are no longer enough. I lowered it with lust racing brackets, shaved foam off the seat and fitted a black widow exhaust for the sound. Should I undo the changes if I sell? I did keep all the stock stuff in case so could sell with it or refit it, what do you guys think?

Thanks

• Member Contributer

Buyers do like stock,  and yet once they own it often dive in to mods.  As long as they're easily reversible the only buyer it would likely put off would be the one with no mechanical skills. Stock mite bring a wee bit more or make it more readily saleable, but I don't think in a major way. 

• 3 weeks later...

Given the likely sale price of a 5th gen (ask how I know, I bought one in February), I’m going to guess it’s not worth the time to revert to stock.

BUT, it will make a difference to buyers that you have all the stock parts, so they can configure the bike as they see fit. 

Definitely mention the lowering mods too, as for some buyers, that will be a very valuable feature. IF you are so inclined, you could offer in the ad (or as a deal closer) to deliver the bike with the buyer’s choice of parts installed, but again, probably not necessary.

The big thing is, you won’t know what your prospective buyer wants. Some people will be looking only for powered bikes, some won’t care, some will like the aftermarket exhaust; when I was looking for bikes, I wanted the STOCK exhaust (loud pipes may save lives, but quiet pipes save tickets, relationships, your hearing, riding fatigue... 😉)

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, nunia720 said:

I want it!!!! Please.......

It's a long ride from the UK to Milwaukee to ride it home. 

Archived