Vfr800 2016 unwanted drain

JPR

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, Jor said:

Bike booked into Honda on the 30th having spoken to Honda Uk. Will update as and when

Interesting Jor. Keep us posted with what Honda advise or find.

Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

So, after much back and forth and some shoddy treatment at the Honda dealer they have confirmed it is the RegRec. Not sure exactly what failed on it as they have just said it is faulty but this has been tested by taking one from a new unregistered bikE and fitting to my bike and retesting.

Honda Uk are going to provide a replacement part FOC which is good of them and I have to pay 1hrs labour so no complaints really from me 🙂

will write more after I have collected my bike which will be soon hopefully

• Member Contributer
14 minutes ago, Jor said:

So, after much back and forth and some shoddy treatment at the Honda dealer they have confirmed it is the RegRec. Not sure exactly what failed on it as they have just said it is faulty but this has been tested by taking one from a new unregistered bikE and fitting to my bike and retesting.

Honda Uk are going to provide a replacement part FOC which is good of them and I have to pay 1hrs labour so no complaints really from me 🙂

will write more after I have collected my bike which will be soon hopefully

Well done Jor, a tricky but good find, you are one of the very few having an issue with an 8gen R/R, the Shindengen FH023AA is a very reliable unit. Good news you're being supplied one FOC.

Lets know how it all goes in the future, hopefully no more flat battery.

Cheers :beer:

Yup, fingers crossed Grum - thanks for the help. Got there in the end but would say that my symptoms have been strange even for a reg rec failing. Just the draining of the battery. Nothing else!

• Member Contributer

78 quid to fit a Regrec? 

FMG, I'm in the wrong line of business.....  :goofy:

• Member Contributer
12 hours ago, Jor said:

£78 of our Great British Pounds in the end. Result!

Bloody hell:wacko: tell them to get your new R/R in as per warranty and you can fit the R/R and give them back the old one, as long as you are happy to accept responsibility, why should they refuse you!

Sounds like a win - win situation for the Stealership! 

The money was for the initial diagnostics to confirm it was the reg rec. they didn’t charge me anything for the labour to replace it.

• 2 months later...

So, however long since Mr H replaced the Reg Rex I have Ahmad zero issues whatsoever, sometimes leaving the joke a couple of weeks between rides! Looks like I can have the unfortunate honour of being one of the very first with a RR issue on an 8th gen bike!

Archived