Tri-colour project

A1iens

Has anyone tried to repaint bike in Honda's anniversary three colours, red/blue/white (see attachment)?

My idea was to get used white colour bike and to repaint it, but first I would love to get some opinions, is it worth the pain to do it.

Currently those colours are available only for Japanese market.

Another option was to import from Japan directly, but my guess is that it will cost a fortune, plus all certification issues for EU, customs etc.

73831.webp.png

• Member Contributer

My VFR is a 2014 and is getting long in the tooth. Unfortunately, getting a tri colour to Australia from Japan, to replace it, was way too expensive. Getting up to R1250RS prices, plus.

10 minutes ago, interceptor69 said:

Damn that's a pretty paint scheme

Agree.  A beautiful interpretation of the traditional HRC RWB paint design.

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, A1iens said:

Has anyone tried to repaint bike in Honda's anniversary three colours, red/blue/white (see attachment)?

My idea was to get used white colour bike and to repaint it, but first I would love to get some opinions, is it worth the pain to do it.

Currently those colours are available only for Japanese market.

Another option was to import from Japan directly, but my guess is that it will cost a fortune, plus all certification issues for EU, customs etc.

73831.webp.png

If it wasn’t for the cost of the tank you could just import the fairings in that colour and fit it to a bike purchased locally. That of course would still cost a fortune. You will have to get a quote to repaint if you remove all the panels and tank yourself it may not be too astronomical. I agree this is the best colour scheme (IMHO)

In my city I have very high level paint shops so I'm not too concerned about work quality. The only problem I see is to get the right color codes (maybe from JP technical manuals?). The other thing ofc are letters.

I have also seen selling decals, while its ok for side fairings, but I cant imagine to stick those over tank or front fairing. 

Importing those parts from JP is interesting solution, IMO expensive ( full fairings, plus tank, plus front mud guard).

• Member Contributer

Definitely a stunning color combination.  :fing02:

-Bronze wheels plz......

• Member Contributer
On 7/1/2020 at 4:51 AM, A1iens said:

In my city I have very high level paint shops so I'm not too concerned about work quality. The only problem I see is to get the right color codes (maybe from JP technical manuals?). The other thing ofc are letters.

I have also seen selling decals, while its ok for side fairings, but I cant imagine to stick those over tank or front fairing. 

Importing those parts from JP is interesting solution, IMO expensive ( full fairings, plus tank, plus front mud guard).

Love that color combination.

Certainly think if you have that level of paint expertise available it would be logistically easier, and financially less expensive to go that route. Everything done in country, no language miscues, no currency swaps with fees, no shipping issues with possible damage enroute, no customs headaches, no VAT. You are welcome to ask me how I know, but you probably already know the answer, 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Archived