1998 5th gen fuel filter replacement options

Hi, I am trying to find a fuel filter replacement for Honda part number 16900-mbg-003 as it is listed as no longer available in Australia.Have four Quantum filter number hip-f112-pix does anyone know anything about them any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

• Member Contributer

Not much help. But if that Quantum filter physically fits then I can't see that there would be an issue, after all, it's designed to to do exactly the same task as what the OEM filter would do.

Good Luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
On 6/29/2020 at 9:49 PM, ducnut said:

What I used:

E0E66E4C-FA98-4B54-A562-F8233EC85926.jpeg

Ha.  I did the same thing.  Im not spending $45 on a filter just because it has a 180 bent tube.

• 2 weeks later...

Sakura FS-1004 - Недорогой аналог топливного фильтра, ≈5$

Если будет интересно, аналог масляного фильтра на фото ниже.

IMG-e8bb56549deeddd1b974c4d397c8ca33-V.jpg

IMG_20190702_223907.jpg

IMG_20190702_223325.jpg

Have people been getting the J30R10 fuel line, rated submersible, for this?  The standard injection (J30R9) hose supposedly breaks down over time if the jacket is exposed to fuel and can then crack, weep, and soften such that the clamps no longer hold.

I am doing the filter on my Triumph and plan to get this line locally if I can find some, or maybe have to wait 2 days to get a foot for $20+ from Amazon.

This happened to me on some 1992 fuel line where a fitting seeped fuel and turned the fuel line jacket to goo around the core, causing the clamps to become loose.  I also saw a post about a BMW that lost fuel pressure due to some under-spec in-tank hoses after a fuel filter replacement.

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, JoelF said:

Have people been getting the J30R10 fuel line, rated submersible, for this?  The standard injection (J30R9) hose supposedly breaks down over time if the jacket is exposed to fuel and can then crack, weep, and soften such that the clamps no longer hold.

I am doing the filter on my Triumph and plan to get this line locally if I can find some, or maybe have to wait 2 days to get a foot for $20+ from Amazon.

This happened to me on some 1992 fuel line where a fitting seeped fuel and turned the fuel line jacket to goo around the core, causing the clamps to become loose.  I also saw a post about a BMW that lost fuel pressure due to some under-spec in-tank hoses after a fuel filter replacement.

You can buy submersible fuel hose from O’Reilly, if you’re in the states. Sold in a 1’ package, which is plenty for the VFR. 

Archived