Heated gloves

boOZZIE

• Member Contributer

Does anyone have any recommendations for battery powered heated gloves?

I think it was in the -°c on the way to work this morning and the tips of my fingers felt like icicles.

Thanks

• Member Contributer

I've been looking at these, though still undecided.

I have no experience of them nor do I know anybody that has, but the field does look a little limited.

Let me know what you decide as I definitely need a pair of heated for the winter commute and battery powered are starting to look very good.

Oh, we had 32°C here the other day. 😎 😝

• Member Contributer

I bought a set of 12v battery pack Klan-e's in 2018 and have been using them -in combinaton with Oxford heated grips- in freezing conditions as well. Very pleased with them.

Looked at Gerbing but found them too bulky, making operating the levers a bit cumbersome.

2 winters on, held up well.

• Member Contributer

I've been internetting hi and low and most look like snow gloves, a little bulky for my liking.

I did come across these hg 1

• Member Contributer

Yes, I have seen those before but had forgotten about them.

More choices here. Reputable dealer, usually very competitive prices too, used them many times before.

• Member Contributer

I have a set of Gerbring heated gloves & inner jacket. I have used them for a 50 mile each way winter motorway commute & they are excellent. I’ve used them down to -5C @ 80mph. Amazing 👍😎

Unfortunately it’s nearly impossible to get thin heated gloves, due to the energy requirements to keep a thin shell warm at speed. If you had that kind of power through them they would burn you when stopped ! 

So nearly all are like winter gloves & thus have a low power draw, which is good for your bike too. 

• Member Contributer

Thanks Mohawk.

Personally, I'm looking for battery heated gloves, not wired to a heated jacket (already have those and they are really uncomfortable) and I don't want to have to wear my heated jacket in order to have warmer hands. Better technology is leading to smaller/lighter batteries which is clearly better and as long as the armour is good and they're waterproof, as well as warm, then they will do for me.

• Member Contributer

^same.

I don't really feel the cold anywhere else except my hands and having MBD battery gloves are the ideal solution 

Archived