What other bikes do you own?

White 2012 Yamaha Roadstar Silverado S with 35k on it. Traded an '18 Mt 07 for the red VFR.

Have to keep a comfortable cruiser for longer jaunts. To think of the VFR as a tourer is out of the question after my hop to the Smokies this past August

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, TimC said:

Purchased four weeks ago, a 2020 BMW R nineT Pure.  I'm nearing 1,000 miles on it already, and I've already started on the mods.  😉

BMW pic.jpg

I thought, you had an R12R....or was it an R12RS?

44 minutes ago, ducnut said:

I thought, you had an R12R....or was it an R12RS?

I'd shopped for both those bikes, plus test rode a very nice 2016 R12R at the same dealer shop the where I bought this late last month.  I started researching the R nineT (aka R9T) 2-3 weeks before deciding it was the bike I probably wanted.  My test ride helped me make the decision to buy this.  The Pure is what I'd call the base model of the R9T lineup, and has the same air/oil-cooled engine as the last generation of the R1200R before they started putting the water-cooled engine in it.

I still like the R1200R, and I may end up with one someday, but for this bike I wanted something with more character and a bit more edge.  The newer R12Rs are really nice, but maybe more refined than I wanted this time around.  I wanted something simpler, still kind of sporty, and which I could easily mod to my liking.  I also really love the looks of my new Pure.

10 hours ago, TimC said:

Purchased four weeks ago, a 2020 BMW R nineT Pure.  I'm nearing 1,000 miles on it already, and I've already started on the mods.  😉

what happened to the tail ? looks like it was chopped off with an axe, not aesthetically pleasing at all.

10 hours ago, TimC said:

BMW pic.jpg

2 hours ago, squirrelman said:

what happened to the tail ? looks like it was chopped off with an axe, not aesthetically pleasing at all.

No, it isn't.  Not many people ride this bike 2-up, so I think the pillion seat was an afterthought.

As for the rear taillight/turn signal assembly, some owners do the tail tidy, and while it looks cool I've never been a fan of tail tidies.  Most of the ones I've seen on the R9T forum I'm on are very minimalist and look like the taillight and turn signals are very hard to see to motorists behind you, and that makes no sense to me.

Instead, one of my mods will be a rear luggage rack (in black), which will extend over the rear fender/taillight assembly, but not far above it, so the rear assembly doesn't look like it's sticking way out there like that.  I was planning to add the rack anyway, but it will serve a nice cosmetic purpose, too.  😉 

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, ShipFixer said:

IMG_20180202_165047_COLLAGE.jpg?width=59

😁

Plus a few others I'm trying to offload before I move...

Is that offload, or "offroad?"  :laugh:

Seriously though, what a sweet collection of bikes!

Archived