I feel like I graduated!

Sarah

I suppose it’s time to make an introduction instead of lurking.

I bought a 2004 VFR800 a couple of weeks ago and fell in love with it when I rode it home. I’ve owned two prior Honda’s: a 1992 F2 that I bought at 17 years old (decades ago) and a 2001 F4i that I let go a couple of years ago.

I’ve been off two wheels for 2 seasons now and had this dream of a machine fall into my lap from an awesome dude who has become a really awesome friend - that is super encouraging and supportive in helping me work on my own stuff. Making sure I get to know this absolute pig of a bike inside and out through photos, videos and phone calls from thousands of miles away.

This gal is in immaculate condition and was cared for very well. This was his baby and I want to carry that on. I’ve taken the racking off to have it cleaned up and

weatherproofed, and am going to clean up the cases as well. She is pretty naked right now without the storage - but I am enjoying getting to know how she likes to be ridden.

The center of gravity, where the power is, and the way this bike moves is so different from the F series. While I do miss how easy the F4i was to flick around - the smoothness of the VFR on the curvy roads and the way the miles just seem to melt under you is pretty neat. My bony butt doesn’t hurt nearly as much, which is a big plus.

My goal is to ride to Oregon two seasons from now and I am really darn pumped.

You may see me pop in once in a while - but I tend to lurk a lot when I am learning new stuff.

6ea3a15012a9b30a8d4a4643e4d29d20.jpg

• Member Contributer

Welcome Sarah, glad you love the VFR, but I have to ask “absolute pig of a bike” hope you didn’t say that aloud in front of your trusty new steed! 😊

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the forum Sarah. That is one beautiful 2004 specimen (had a 2004 myself - Red of course! :wheel:). 

It's hard to tell if it's Black or Dark Blue? There's plenty of good info to be found here to help you keeping her in tip top shape.

Look after it and it will look after you.:cool:

Enjoy your ride.

Cheers.:fing02:

Welcome Sarah, glad you love the VFR, but I have to ask “absolute pig of a bike” hope you didn’t say that aloud in front of your trusty new steed!

Absolutely! She’s my big pig :)

Welcome to the forum Sarah. That is one beautiful 2004 specimen (had a 2004 myself - Red of course! :wheel:). 
It's hard to tell if it's Black or Dark Blue? There's plenty of good info to be found here to help you keeping her in tip top shape.
Look after it and it will look after you.:cool:
Enjoy your ride.
Cheers.:fing02:

It’s black, because black goes with everything.

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD from across the pond.

Next you will be wanting a proper pig, dressed up as a mule.....

a RC51 :goofy:

as.jpg.e9c10073d4a5062738bca5224911e96c.jpg.e0b3c07135d87d2fda318ff3da730556.jpg.47c6386cb3da9c951ac604688caa060a.jpg

Welcome to VFRD from across the pond.

Next you will be wanting a proper pig, dressed up as a mule.....
a RC51 :goofy:

as.jpg.e9c10073d4a5062738bca5224911e96c.jpg.e0b3c07135d87d2fda318ff3da730556.jpg.47c6386cb3da9c951ac604688caa060a.jpg

That’s a pretty pack mule!

Archived