Key transponder? USB/12V socket? Phone mounts?

I'm collecting several questions at once.

Is there any way to get hold of a transponder for a key or a full uncut key? I only see keys without transponders and would like to have 1 or 2 spares. I think Honda wants about 150+ EUR for a key, including programming, but I saw them on Amazon for ~20$.

Is there a good place out of sight to mount 2 USB sockets? The only place I found is to place a small charger under the left tank fairing and run the wires up front.

Also, I've searched for 1h for the elusive "white accessory plug" but was not able to find it. I'm now running the wires directly from the battery but would like to have them switched. I'm still waiting for the mating 6-pin plug to arrive, hopefully by then I will find out where the plugged plug is.

Looking for something other than handlebar sockets.

How do you handle phone mounts? I have a RAM 24mm ball afixed to the steering stem center, but it's out of sight. I 3D printed some hoods for 2 phone chargers, which keep the phone out of sun and slightly out of water. But it's unsightly, at best. Looking for something with Qi capability, if possible.

I still have a TomTom that gets mounted to the same RAM mount, but it's a bit long in the tooth.

Looking for something other than handlebar mounts.

2.jpg

1.jpg

• Member Contributer

I will attempt to answer the chip key question..... my 5th gen does not have an immobilizer (HISS) but my 2009 CBF1000 does.....

Match up the appearance of the key blank with this.....  https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32904392873.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dxmUfmD

Get the keys cut in advance and verify they turn the ignition key on.

The chips can be purchased separately, peel back the cover of the key and insert......  note there are various chips, you can find out which one if you open up your existing key.......  these ones are called ID46 which is the type used on my bike... perhaps research...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000074515450.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dhGNUdz

There are Youtube videos of how to make a two-wire harness, some include a 100 ohm resistor for more stability, however that might be optional (I have seen done without).

Archived