THINKING about selling my 07. Opinions?

VFRshark

OK, I'm thinking about selling my 07' RWB and would like some input from the group. 2nd owner. Bought it Mar 2019 from local shop, who scooped it up only a day or two earlier from the original owner. Bike is absolutely pristine, now only 5k miles on it. Everything looks/runs/rides like off the showroom floor. I added brand new OE bags and a touring windscreen, previous owner put the tail cowl on it. Not a scratch on it and the paint shines like new everywhere. It is probably the nicest 07 anywhere. I'm only thinking about it because there are too many in the garage now (8), and I need room for something else.

Question for the group: Before I go to the trouble of listing and trying to sell this, do you think there would be sufficient interest among serious collectors/buyers? (If not, I'll probably keep it and sell something else...) Thanks for any input!

VFR8.jpg

• Member Contributer

I don't think they are that collectible as so many have been made . It is not a race bike or any bike that has a current history of anything significant . There are probably still some in crates at dealers . Ride it and enjoy .

• Member Contributer

Glad your only thinking about it! What evil thoughts you have. Such a fine RWB specimen, keep it, get rid of something else, I mean, what would you think I'd say!

Seriously, I'm sure it would sell like hot cakes and at a very good price too, given its condition and very low mileage. Just don't do it, unless you can ship it to Australia!:cool:

What a gorgeous bike.  Sorry you might be parting with it, but it sounds like you have plenty of other options already on hand.

I think you'd have to find the right buyer to get much of a premium price at this point.  As gmtech94 said above, Honda made plenty of these, so while they only made the RWB anniversary paint one year, they aren't exactly rare, and there wasn't anything unique about that version other than the paint.  Not to dis it of course, it's still an amazing machine!  Also, it's funny that VFRs either seem to have low miles or high miles.  I don't see too many that have what I'd consider average miles for their ages.

Thankfully, I think there are still buyers for older VFRs.  I've actually thought about replacing my current VFR with another one, but I'm more likely to just move on to another bike entirely.  Anyway, good luck if you decide to sell it!

Thanks for the replies and thoughts. Much appreciated. I'll probably keep it and sell something else. Gives me something to ride when wife is on her '18 CBR1000R anyway, LOL. 

Paint the wheels white and keep it.  If I had that mileage on mine I would probably keep it.

I currently have 23,000 miles on her and will sell soon. 

Ride safe!

20180805_074557.jpg

• Member Contributer

Really hard to say keep it or not without knowing what the other eight bikes in the garage happen to be.  As others have noted it's not really a rare bike, uncommon sure but not rare.  When I bought mine over two years ago there were three RWB Interceptors in my local CL area and all were selling for less than $5k, I bought mine for $4k with 12,000 miles on the odometer.

Keep it!    So clean with luggage and 5k miles I’d find a place for it.    There maybe many around but time is marching on and clean cherries like that are getting thin on the ground.

Actually, we've got 3 VFRs in the garage (counting this one) and we'll probably put them all up for sale shortly. We are going to switch over to some ADV riding, so sales will go towards funding a couple of new Africa Twins. Thanks, everyone. Keep an eye out in the classifieds. You'll see some nice VFRs up for sale shortly. 🙂

On 7/3/2020 at 7:15 PM, VFRshark said:

Actually, we've got 3 VFRs in the garage (counting this one) and we'll probably put them all up for sale shortly. We are going to switch over to some ADV riding, so sales will go towards funding a couple of new Africa Twins. Thanks, everyone. Keep an eye out in the classifieds. You'll see some nice VFRs up for sale shortly. 🙂

The Africa Twin seems like a terrific bike.  I hope you get a good deal on them if you buy new, as I don't think they've sold very well here in the US.  Anyway, good luck with the VFR sales!

• Member Contributer
57 minutes ago, TimC said:

The Africa Twin seems like a terrific bike.  I hope you get a good deal on them if you buy new, as I don't think they've sold very well here in the US.  Anyway, good luck with the VFR sales!

Agree. A buddy of mine who I've done a lot of riding with and had numerous bikes  over the last 45 years has an Africa Twin and states it the Best bike his owned, but then again, he's never owned a VFR! :cool:. It you're looking to do some dirt and road combination I can only say my buddy just loves this bike. Interesting thing, they come standard with a Lithium Ion battery!

His bike pictured.

image.jpeg

• 1 month later...
On 7/4/2020 at 9:56 PM, Grum said:

Agree. A buddy of mine who I've done a lot of riding with and had numerous bikes  over the last 45 years has an Africa Twin and states it the Best bike his owned, but then again, he's never owned a VFR! :cool:. It you're looking to do some dirt and road combination I can only say my buddy just loves this bike. Interesting thing, they come standard with a Lithium Ion battery!

His bike pictured.

image.jpeg

Woah. The rear wheel looks minuscule compared to the front one lol. I didn't know mismatched wheel sizes was also an OEM thing.

• Member Contributer

I would just sell it and hope you get a decent price. 5k miles is outside of collectors level. Couple hundred miles maybe. But there isn't the same love/following for the 6th gen as the 4th or even 5th gen, despite it still being a good bike. Only keep it because you still enjoy it.

Archived