Tail Seat Cowl - rattling

Does this look like it's missing any pieces underneath?  I see the rubber stops, etc, and though my hand is covering the right side somewhat, it is the same as the left.  The rear most part of the seat cowl doesn't sit staticly.  I can press down and the plastic makes hard contact with its mount like it's missing a rubber piece of some kind so while I'm hitting bumps in the road, it's making minimal, but hard contact.  Best I can tell, everything is there per parts breakdown diagram.  I might need to craft a cushion of sorts.

IMG_2867.jpg

tail cowl parts breakdown.jpg

Hi, New to the forum. When I pulled the tail off my recently purchased VFR I noticed some velcro on the two rear bumpers. I figured the PO must have had an issue with it vibrating.  

• Member Contributer

Hi Goldcrown 44, I just checked my seat cowl and looks exactly the same as yours, no extra rubber mounts ect. I can press down on mine and there is no hard contact. Maybe check the locking mechanism isn’t a little loose and that the mount for the locking mechanism on the underside of the seat is also tight. Good luck.

Hi, New to the forum. When I pulled the tail off my recently purchased VFR I noticed some velcro on the two rear bumpers. I figured the PO must have had an issue with it vibrating.  
I did the same with mine, is quiet now.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A520F met Tapatalk

On 6/19/2020 at 2:44 PM, Viffer said:

Any chance you can post a pic of the previous owners mod?

Here are some pics. The PO attached Velcro to the 2 rear bumpers. I also noticed that he added two small strips of thin rubber where the 2 front bumpers come to rest on the bike. Still waiting to see if he can find the tool kit.

1683568635_UnderCowl.thumb.jpg.41839de8cd196b8f4047eca73d9ea388.jpg744250478_UnderSeat.jpg.074c652b9ddc0413e0464b13dc2b17db.jpg

Archived