6th Gen - disconnected tube

Jelorian

• Member Contributer

So I finally got around to check and see if the flapper/snorkel/PAIR mod was done on my recently acquired 6th gen (it was).  I also took out the air filter and cleaned it up.

However, I found this tube just laying there and I don't know where it goes. It is a vent tube however I cannot find where it went originally.

Any pointers?

I'm still waiting for the owner's manual so if there is one online, that would b great as well.

Thanks!

20200618_012925c.jpg

• Member Contributer

There is a 6 th gen service manual download available on this forum in the downloads section. That should explain where the tube goes. I suspect the tube has come off as you lifted the tank. Sorry I can’t help more.

• Member Contributer
44 minutes ago, Philois1984 said:

There is a 6 th gen service manual download available on this forum in the downloads section. That should explain where the tube goes. I suspect the tube has come off as you lifted the tank. Sorry I can’t help more.

Thanks for the info.  I downloaded the manual and will take a look.  I thought that as well that it came off the tank, but I can't find any place on the underside where it could have come off.  I appreciate your reply!  Cheers!

• Member Contributer

It is just a straight hose with nothing at the end for overflow of radiator fluid from the reserve tank. 

• Member Contributer

Jelorian

That pipe connects to either the vent pipe or the overflow pipe from the fuel tank. For some reason Honda didn’t use a continuous pipe to the tank and used that connector on one of them, I can’t remember which one. The other pipe, vent or overflow, has a connector that is at a 45degree angle. 

• Member Contributer
On 6/18/2020 at 10:23 PM, expvet said:

It is just a straight hose with nothing at the end for overflow of radiator fluid from the reserve tank. 

expvet, thanks for your reply.  It was not the from the radiator overflow tank.

On 6/19/2020 at 2:08 AM, Marooncobra said:

Jelorian

That pipe connects to either the vent pipe or the overflow pipe from the fuel tank. For some reason Honda didn’t use a continuous pipe to the tank and used that connector on one of them, I can’t remember which one. The other pipe, vent or overflow, has a connector that is at a 45degree angle. 

Thanks!  It was the over flow for the tank.  What confused me most was that it was laying along the side of the airbox similar to how it is in my photo.

I saw a few diagrams in the owner's manual but it did not show me how it was connected.

I found this online and it helped me track down where it connects.

http://members.home.nl/jfknippels/tank_removal.html

9th pic down.

Reconnected and all is well.

Cheers!