6g fuel pressure regulator thread pitch?

Madfox

Question

• Member Contributer

Does anyone know the thread size and pitch for the FPR on the 6th gen vfr? 

I ordered a regulator for a cbr1100 blackbird to upgrade to 42 psi but wasnt paying close enough attention... the blackbird FPR doesnt fit the 5th gen. I was hoping some other magician had figured this out already... I know the 5th gen is m12x1.25. So I'm looking for an m12x1.25 male to ??? Male to make this work... worst case scenario i can find a used fuel rail and chop the threaded end off to fashion my own but didnt wanna go that far.

Any helps appreciated.

To answer the inevitable "why?" ... im hoping to reduce snatchy fueling at lower rpms and squeeze out more power when i get the performance headers and power commander fitted.

2 answers to this question

When i installed the blackbird FPR my bike kept flooding out. Pitch for 6th and blackbird are the same. Once you put correct map you will be happy.

• Member Contributer

So there is the dent theory, but when I tried that on my 5th gen the difference between a little more pressure & jammed open is about 1mm. As 5th gen pressure regulators are NLA I created an external solution, which lets me use Bosch car FPR’s.

5E326065-195C-40A1-BB1B-22EDAE8BD387.thumb.jpeg.8b264b11f9682afc22447265111cf784.jpeg

That’s a Straight adaptor, from VFR rail to AN-6 90 degree elbow, to clear the airbox base, to The FPR housing, to 90 degree AN-6 to spigot fitting 8mm, just out of shot is an 8mm-6mm straight spigot join to attach the fuel return hose, as I could not find an AN-6 to 6mm spigot fitting.

Archived