All dressed up and no where to go.

Bilbo63

I do not Beliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive it! 
All dressed up & no where to go. 
So pushes the bike (gen5) out the garage, fully kitted up ready for a shake down as not been on the road since last year. 
Selected 1st  and felt like the bike tried to move then the engine stalls. 
So onto the center stand we go. 
1. Check clutch fluid √
2. Bleed each banjo √
Still no clutch😭

Switched engine in N, pulled the clutch lever & selected 1st appeared to be ok till I pulled the clutch again expecting the rear wheel to slow down, no slowing down. 
I wouldn't mind but it was ok yesterday as I gave the chain a quick lube whilst on the center stand. 😩

So put to bed till tomorrow. 

Time for a sulk. 😔

• Member Contributer

This is probably just the clutch plates being stuck together having had no use since last year. I'd suggest letting the engine/oil warm up fully first. Then turn off the engine, put the bike in 1st and pull the clutch in, then try rocking the bike back and forth to break the clutch plates loose from each other.

When the clutch lever is released, the springs push the clutch pack together, cold oil will keep them stuck together, and is the reason for the usual CLUNK when you drop into first after the starting the bike from cold; what you need is for some oil to get in between each of the friction and steel plates. With the clutch pulled in, the plates should be free to slide over each other but in your case it make take a bit of extra effort to get them to start sliding. Good luck. 

As suggested I let her warm up, and Hey presto the clutch released. 

Thanks for the heads up. 

I nice little run out to Formby & back, no problems at all. 👏👍🍺

20200610_152706~2.png

Archived