OEM Heated Grips?

Mikus11

Hey all from Canada. I have a "new to me" 2008 VFR800 ABS.

I'm having a hard time figuring out which Honda OEM heated grips fit the bike. Do the 08T50-MGE-800 grips for the VFR1200 fit our bikes?

If so, is the installation plug and play? I really hate hacking into factory wiring when it can be avoided and I'm not crazy about the big controller on the aftermarket grips like Oxford.

• Member Contributer

I looked into this a bit back and definetly the Koso Apollo grips are the closest ones to looking factory. Won't be plug and play, some wiring will be required (fuse, relay etc.)

• Member Contributer
16 minutes ago, TriumphTraitor said:

I looked into this a bit back and definetly the Koso Apollo grips are the closest ones to looking factory. Won't be plug and play, some wiring will be required (fuse, relay etc.)

10heatedgripred_zpsx1gxexmu.jpg09heatedgripblue_zpsbfobzsrc.jpg

I have the Koso Apollo grips on my Versys.  They are really nice, five settings with a memory for the last setting after turning off the bike, the led light changes color from blue, green, yellow, orange and finally red to indicate intensity of heat.  They fit nice and clean on the bike and almost look factory.  I have three small complaints:

1:  They are noticeably thicker than stock grips, this may not be an issue for other riders.

2.  Most of the time I accidentally turn them on when honking my horn.  Apparently my thumb is too small or short to extend over the on/off button of the grip heaters.

3.  Not shown but on the throttle side there is a gap between the grip and starter housing.

Even with those three issues I would buy these again as they look almost factory installed.

No problems.

I have it installed as is on a 2007 North America model.

Just connect to the accessory power line.

But I didn't want to do any damage to the main harness by increasing power consumption.

(ex. Blue Connector Ground issue)So I installed a relay in the tail light wiring and took power directly from the battery.

EXjPEjRUEAAj-5s.jpg

EXjPEjPVcAI-oVh.jpg

Archived