A rolling piece of art

This thing never gets boring to look at.

I am considering adding a Cb1000r to the stable with a quarter fairing.

Wheels will go to white of course. What do you guys think?

It does have prequisite SS swing arm ala VFR.

Ride safe.

20200523_070610.jpg

CB1000r.JPG

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, VFR80025th said:

I am considering adding a Cb1000r to the stable with a quarter fairing.

Wheels will go to white of course.

White is the only proper colour for wheels. Everything else is just primer 😉

Great looking bikes.  The VFR, well of course I'm biased.  While I love my Italian Red 6th gen, I've always appreciated the looks of the RWB bike.

And that naked CB, what a terrific looking bike.  It looks kind of muscular and raw.  Me?  I'd be inclined to leave the wheels black, or go to silver to match the side pieces.  🙂

You're not selling the VFR are you?

The CB looks nice. And I bet maintenance is easier without the fairings and Vtec valve checks.. double radiators, wiring issues etc

I don't see a centerstand.. so you would have to grab a rear SSSA stand .

I say go for it!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yes, the VFR has been my favorite bike I have ever owned. I've owned it for 4 years and have been looking for a new bike for 1yr but I cant

seem to find a bike to replace it. CB1000r is a close but I have to buy the fairing and paint the wheels right off the bat. Still on the fence.

I do have a second choice: Katana 1000 but there I have to replace the bars, too high for me and a tail tidy right off the bat (Also for CB)

Both also do not have a center stand. 

I Will keep u posted if I pull the trigger but I am a methodical buyer. I take things slow and calculated. LOL

Ride safe.

I've been in kind of the same boat for years.  I love my VFR, and I've owned it a long time.  I've looked at other bikes for years for a possible replacement, but only a few are really potential replacement bikes.  I almost bought something else over the winter, and at times I wish I had.  But I've put 1,000 miles on my VFR in just over the last week, and I still love it.  Until the right deal comes along for its replacement, I'll just keep riding my VFR.

• Member Contributer
On 5/29/2020 at 10:48 AM, VFR80025th said:

I am considering adding a Cb1000r to the stable

No telling if it'll make production but Honda displayed this concept version of the CB1000R. Styled like the 1979 CB900F, though it would look really hot in the CB1100F colours.

Honda CB-F.jpg

Honda CB750F.jpg

Honda CB1100F 1984.jpeg

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Captain 80s said:

Really, more from the 1981

1982 was the first year of the blacked out engines/cases (in the US at least), which that concept/render looks most like in my opinion. They also changed the decal design and pulled it back onto the side of the tank only (the '81's wrapped around the corner onto the 'front' of the tank if you will).

'82:

spacer.png

'81:

spacer.png

Archived