vfr on the mind

So its been about 8 years. My vfr750 started going dead when not ideling. I had kids. business started building. My bike riding days took a break. so a guy came over to look at what is left from my 750 (4th gen?). And my wife saw a wepage about the dragons tail. Id like to go there. I was wanting to buy a new vfr800 before they stopped making them. But never had the money. Now that business is doing well i can save up for some toys. well, 40 acres first. But I guess now maybe i should look at some of the new models. I really miss riding. Still have the hitch on my 750 from when i was able to ride for work. So yea, bikes on the mind. where have vfr's gone to in the last few years?

Edit: ok i remember why i wanted the 800, the 1200 was eww looking. and at the time the 800 was the only new preferred look for me. 

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the asylum birddseedd. First of all, how about a picture of your machine? It would show us where you are starting from. Then I suspect you may start a deluge of Best Generation bragging. I suspect there are a lot of VFRs out there. I have two and two halves in my own darn garage.

6 minutes ago, MaxSwell said:

Welcome to the asylum birddseedd. First of all, how about a picture of your machine? It would show us where you are starting from. Then I suspect you may start a deluge of Best Generation bragging. I suspect there are a lot of VFRs out there. I have two and two halves in my own darn garage.

This was back before i hit the pavement and broke a bunch of stuff. atm the throttle sticks, clutch doesn't seem to do much. cable for seat latch doesn't work. who knows what else. It's a project bike now 😞 I only have myself to blame. 

IMAGE_029.jpg

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the pic birddseedd. You've obviously have great taste in mc's. But I'd be remiss if I didn't comment on the safty of trailer pulling with a sport touring motorcycle. The owners guide specifically warns against it.

I see a time-sucking project ahead of you.

Enjoy!

6 minutes ago, MaxSwell said:

Thanks for the pic birddseedd. You've obviously have great taste in mc's. But I'd be remiss if I didn't comment on the safty of trailer pulling with a sport touring motorcycle. The owners guide specifically warns against it.

I see a time-sucking project ahead of you.

Enjoy!

that's one of the things that i like about the vfr. the extra weight lets me do that kind of thing. its kind of a fettish for me. some folks here might know about it. certainly at vfr world. jet ski's, turtle, motorcycle. commercial lawn care equipment for a couple weeks. I had a job working for dell, id drive all day all around sw mi to fix computers, had a trailer full of parts. Gosh i loved it. In a way I kind of miss that time in my life. newlywed struggles to survie, ride all day. I'm starting to make a lot more money now tho.

8 hours ago, birddseedd said:

Is the vfr800f still being produced? internet says it exists, but honda's website doesn't show it. 

Its still listed in Honda's range - depends on where in the world you are as to availability id guess.

Though they still make them VFR's have not been sold as a new model here in the US for several years. Until about a year ago you could easily find old stock in dealers and make a great deal I got my 2014 a year and 1/2 ago for $7000 out the door. Now a days you will have to settle for low mileage used. Good luck.  

6 hours ago, thepretender said:

Though they still make them VFR's have not been sold as a new model here in the US for several years. Until about a year ago you could easily find old stock in dealers and make a great deal I got my 2014 a year and 1/2 ago for $7000 out the door. Now a days you will have to settle for low mileage used. Good luck.  

They aren't even selling the vfr1200 here?

Archived